Life In Light Years- Chapter Six

AN: Yeah, I know. About time. Follow me on Tumblr for extra fun and so we can all be friends: lightaspark.tumblr.com

Chapter Six

“This is mental. I’m an accessory. No, I’m a co-assailant! I helped you get him in the car. Oh my God, I’m a terrible person. Do you think I’m a terrible person? I’ll never get into heaven now. I mean, I don’t particularly believe in God... I never really have but you know how everyone is all for God in terrible situations but they, like, make God jokes when everything’s going well for them and stuff. Oh my God, I am a terrible, evil, evil person... I am so-”

“Shut the hell up Alice.”

Ethan’s grunt brought me back out of my little freak out and I looked at him. He stared back with an irritated look on his face before turning back to look at Gerald, who was still unconscious. I sighed and dropped my head into my hands. We had been sitting, waiting for Gerald to wake up for a good half an hour now.

“I can’t believe it’s only been one day. And we’ve already managed to cause a person grievous bodily harm before we kidnapped them. This is ridiculous!”

You’re ridiculous,” Ethan muttered and I rolled my eyes heavily.

“That was childish,” I replied and Ethan shrugged.

“Guys please stop bickering!” Kate exclaimed, frustrated. Ethan glared at me and I narrowed my eyes back at him. “I feel a bit sorry for this guy, you know.”

“You feel a bit sorry for him?” Ethan repeated, looking incredulous. “This guy had a gun! He was following us! He could have killed me.”

“But he didn’t.”

“Amazingly, I have to agree with Ethan on this one. I mean, I didn’t think he was...”

“Unghhhhh,” Gerald groaned.

Ethan leaped enthusiastically to his feet. He murmured something about getting answers for himself and called for Ben to come upstairs. In a heartbeat, Ben was in the room and watching Gerald slowly sit himself up. Ben pulled out a funny looking plastic thing out, which looked sort of like a torch. I heard a click and then the plastic thing let out a funny beeping noise. He traced over the whole of Gerald’s body before nodding to himself slightly and switching the funny little machine.

Kate watched her father carefully from her place beside Gerald’s bed.

“So, you want to tell us who you are? Who you work for?” Ben asked calmly.

“Yeah! Who do you work for, dickhead?!” Ethan added unnecessarily and both Ben and I looked at him exasperatedly.  Ethan crossed his arms over his chest and rolled his eyes at the pair of us.

“I can honestly promise you that I mean you no harm-”

“Next he’ll be all ‘I come in peace’...”

“Ethan!”

“What?! Dad, this is embarrassing,” Ethan whined at Ben and then in two quick steps was right by Gerald’s bedside. “Tell me why you were following us and who the fuck you work for.” Ethan’s voice was clear and loud and Gerald visibly gulped.

“Alright, maybe we should just take a minute to calm down here. Ethan, you chill out. He’s not going to tell us anything if you keep waving your gun in his face. Come sweetie, you tell us what you’ve been up to and no one gets hurt. We can do it this way, the simple way or I can step back and I’ll let Ethan do it his way,” Kate said sweetly. “Now start talking.”