My Life as Duke Starr's Assistant...[Part 7]

"So you're the assistant manager for a big-time celebrity?" Brandon asked when I had explained to him the whole situation on the phone that night.

"Yes," I replied.

"And when did this happen? I saw you, like, three days ago," he said.

"It happened right after we parted ways outside of the club," I answered.

"Wow," he responded.

"I know," I agreed.

"So how long are you in Italy for?" he questioned.

"Two weeks. Then we go to LA for the Ellen show. Then we come back to Hollywood," I replied.

"Wow, you're a busy one, now. Any chance you'll catch a break any time soon?" he asked.

"Keep your nights open. I'll see what I can do to get away," I replied.

"Sounds good. I'll see you when I see you, then," he said. I smiled at this.

"Bye, Brandon," I said, hanging up. I smiled to myself and for a second I felt like a giddy teenager who had just talked to her long-time crush.

I heard a knock at my door and jumped. I was currently sitting in a sports bra and a pair of yoga pants, getting ready to do some meditation. I pulled on a hoodie and clambered to the door, opening it to reveal Zac Efron.

"Zac!" I exclaimed in surprise. He smiled at me.

"Hey. Duke told me you were in this room," he told me.

"Yeah, what's up? When did you get here?" I asked.

"A few hours ago, but this jet lag has me all off. The cast is going out to a club. Duke didn't want to invite you, but I felt bad leaving you here alone. We're in Italy; we should be having fun," he replied. I smiled at him gratefully. He was so sweet.

"Thanks, but I think I'm all right," I said.

"Seriously, you should come. When you're ninety years old and dying, you're not going to remember sitting here doing yoga in Italy. You're going to remember going to a high-end Italian club with a bunch of famous people," Zac told me. He had a point.

"All right, then. You got me," I said. He laughed, flashing me his perfect white, straight teeth. "I have to change, though. So give me a second," I said.

"A second?" he asked.

"I can literally get dressed in five minutes," I said, pulling my suitcase out and rummaging for a dress. Zac sat down on my bed, waiting.

I couldn't find a club dress, so I pulled out a white tank with a cowl neck and a pair of black satin shorts. I jumped into the bathroom and put my clothes on. I pulled my hair out of it's pony-tail and let it fall in messy waves. I quickly applied some eyeliner and lip-gloss and jumped back out of the bathroom. I pulled on a black pin-striped blazer over and a pair of black peep-toe booties. Then I turned and smiled at Zac.

"Ready!" I exclaimed. He blinked.

"Jeez, you weren't kidding. That was literally 5 minutes," he said. I grinned. He got up and I followed him out of my room, making sure I had my room key with me.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"They already left. I'll be your escort tonight," Zac said, pulling out some keys. I raised my eyebrows and he led me to a shiny yellow Lamborghini. I yelped in excitement.

"Oh my gosh! I never thought I'd see one of these in my life!" I cried, moving closer to the car. He chuckled.

"It's rental, so calm down," he said.