Chapter Four - A Divine Connection

During lunch, they talked about their lives and their goals for the future. Both Melinda and Jobe were surprised at how easy the conversation flowed as well as the depth of sharing that was exchanged as they talked about things they had not shared with anyone else in their lives.

It was almost as if someone or something else was in control of conversation and the direction of which the outing would take. As they enjoyed lunch and chatted, it seemed as if no one else was around them and time seemed to just fly by without anyone realizing.

Melinda and Jobe talked so freely and openly to each other as if they had known each other their whole lives. It was the easiest and most honest, in depth conversations either of them had ever engaged in.
Looking up while taking a sip of her latte, Melinda realized the clock and was shocked at the time they had been there talking.

"Oh dear, I never realized time! I have a soup cooking on slow cooker for supper." she said apologetically.

"I hate to end such a great afternoon" she said disappointingly.

"I know what you mean", Jobe said "it is alright you should go check on your supper and I should go start mine too."

Jobe stood up and went to move out her chair to help her from table and then helped her with coat. Manners were instilled in him at a young age and he knew how to be what his momma called "a proper gentleman"!

"Thank you for a wonderful afternoon and being such a gentleman" Melinda said sweetly as
she leaned into hug him. "I had a great time!"
"You are most welcome! I had a wonderful time as well – I hope we can do this again soon!" He kissed her on the check sweetly.

"This is going to sounds forward, which believe I am not usually but I had a crazy idea." "Why don't you join me for supper as it is such a beautiful night and we can eat in the backyard of my apartment? There is a nice patio area!"

"I would love to join you and do not worry I did not find it forward and I will be on my best behaviour!"

"Great, we can walk back to super market and grab some wine and you can follow me in your truck!"
"Sounds great to me! I will spring for desert then." He said smiling at her.

As they walked back to the super market Melinda and Jobe continued talking and laughing. You would think that they would run out of conversation, but the words flowed like a soothing river that ran through a picturesque countryside.

Once they arrived at the super market, Melinda headed to the wine section to pick out a bottle of wine. Once she got there, she realized she never asked him what his preference was and started chuckling at herself.

"I will just have to buy one of each" she said and she picked out her favourite Zinfandel wine, a red wine and a white wine.

Jobe had picked out his favourite peach cobbler for desert and a box of "After Eight" chocolates and was at cash register paying for the items when he spotted Melinda.

He waived her over and advised the cashier to put all items on his bill. When he saw the three bottles of wine, he laughed a wholesome laugh and said to her "Plan on getting me drunk do you?"

She blushed and giggled at his comment and then said "No silly, I just didn't know what you liked so I decided to cover all of my basis. Besides, if you pick just one the other wines get jealous so I thought it better to be fair!"