Chapter 26

A Dance That Lasted Forever 

After the last couple of awards, the lights came back on and it was time for dinner. Phillip had come over to congratulate Nathan on the win and he appreciated it. Nothing could bring him down today.

The four ate the steak with rice, mashed potatoes and vegetables at the side. Sophie was in love with the food. "The steak is so good." She took another bite.

"You eat a lot. Like too much a lot." Alexis was irritated at how disgusting Sophie was. She didn't want her here from the start.

"At least my figure is still okay and my bust isn't popping out of the dress." Sophie replied.

"Mine aren't popping out. What the fuck, it's the style..."

"Ladies. Let's not fight about busts. Though I wouldn't mind talking about them." Jared chuckled.

"Tell your boyfriend to stop being a perv." Alexis rolled her eyes.

"He's not my boyfriend... Just a friend." Sophie turned to Jared. "Stop being a perv."

"And all of you guys shut up." Everyone was surprised at Nathan's comment.

"Babe..." Alexis said like she was warning him.

"I didn't mean you." He awkwardly replied.

The desert table was out and people were allowed to help themselves while the music played. The dance floor was starting to get packed and Alexis couldn't wait to start dancing. She bugged Nathan over and over again but he didn't want to go just yet. His stomach was full from the food, and he just couldn't dance. He told her to go ahead.

Sophie was too busy indulging herself in the desert that she didn't even realize when Jared had left to dance himself. He was totally trying to pick up someone else's chick or something.

"How can you eat all that?" Nathan leaned back on his chair full but able to sip on some wine.

"I just do. It's like, you never get a chance to come to these so why not eat what you never can." Sophie said.

"I come to these every year. Same food, same people, same dances. You don't dance?"

"Last time was at Prom. Oh wait, I dance in my room with the music super loud! Does that count?" Sophie laughed.

"At Prom? Noway. Let me show you a real dance." Nathan got up. "I was the best dancer in Highschool ok." He extended his hand towards her.

Sophie laughed and took it. "Well I was everyone's favourite cheerleader."

"Your so peppy, and annoying. Why didn't I ever guess that you werecheerleader?" Nathan started to move his feet to the music.