1

Emily peered over at Jack as they stood outside, under the tree in her backyard.

He was leaving today.

Her best friend, her first crush, her first love.

She never thought much of jt, the little six second videos on vine they made.

But, she knew her time with him was limited after MAGCON.

The offer was something Jack couldn't turn down.

He and Johnson were moving to California to live out their dreams.

Of course Emily was happy for him, but her heart longed for him to stay.

She was in love with her best friend

She wanted to be selfish and cry and tell him to stay - beg him even

But she didn't.

Jack was her rock, her everything.

And she had to let him go.

Growing up with him in Omaha was such a great journey, a journey she hoped never would end but, all great things do.

She couldn't hold him back from his dreams, she knew he was gonna make it big the day she heard him sing to her.

The day things changed.

She is hopelessly in love with Jack Gilinsky, my best friend, and she have to let him go.

As much as she tried not to, she cried.

"I hope you make it big" Emily hugged him tightly, holding him one last time.

Emily  squeezed him as tight as she could.

Hoping it was forever embark his scent into her clothes.

Just something to remember him by.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, glazer" he kissed her forehead at the borderline of her hair.

"You're squeezing me a lil tight there, Em" Jack chuckled as his arms hooked around her waist.

Her heart was beating out of her chest and her mind was flooded.

She wanted to tell him she was in love with him, that she had been in love with him since the 9th grade.

But she didn't.

She was so afraid.

Her heart was his for the taking.

She just wanted it to be double - sided.

She wanted him to be head over heels for her as well, she wanted him to look at her like she meant the world to him.

Currently, he was dating Leigh, sadly.

It pained her to watch him fall in love with someone else, to watch him kiss and romance another girl.

She loved him too much to break it up.

As long as he was happy, so was she.

But she couldn't feed herself the same lies.

Emily wanted Jack, she needed Jack.

She craved him, but he didn't crave her.

"promise me that no matter how famous you get, you'll come back to me"

She gazed at Jack, her eyes glistening with tears.

He nodded, linking his pinky with hers. Simultaneously, they brought each other's pinkys to their mouth and kissed them.

"I promise"

He never kept his promises