2

It had been two years since Emily seen Jack, two!

They would facetime each other everyday, but everyday turned into every other day, then every month, then they stopped completely.

It honestly hurt Emily so much, she dealt with all the pain of wondering and hoping.

She hated how he consumed her every thought but, she knew he didn't think about her at all.

She seen him on instagram, all the fun nights, concerts, tours, the fans.

She was genuinely happy for him but hurt all at once.

She couldn't believe how foolish and gullible she'd be to think he'd come back. After all, it was his dream and who was she to stop him?

She convinced herself that what she felt for him was a silly crush.

Sadly, she never believed in the lies she told herself.

She told herself that when he dated Leigh, when they went to winter formal and prom but nothing ever happened.

She felt like love was one-sided.

He never showed any affection besides the friendly kind.

Of course she picked up a few boyfriends along the way for frivolous distraction, none of it ever really worked.

Now here she is, at Michigan state, finishing up her last week before her two month break.

"Emily, can I speak with you?" Her literature teacher motioned for her.

"Yes, Mrs Hamilton?" She asked, sighing as she threw her bag over her shoulder.

"You've earned all of your points this semester, so the school board wanted you to have this" she handed me a metal with a book engraved into it.

Emily smiled, and thanked her before walking off.

"Wait! It also means you can take off early, only if you'd like" Mrs. Hamilton called out.

Being at home was definitely needed as of now, Emily hated that alone feeling.

Her friends kept her company but she couldn't help the thoughts that crept into her mind about Jack.

Even after two years.

Now don't get her wrong, she didn't let that stop her from having fun and going to parties.

She still went out, got drunk, partied, went to tailgate events.

Even found herself a spot at the Kanye West concert.

She was just so tired of him lingering in her mind.

Not to mention all of his fans.

Constantly tagging him in her pictures, cropping her into pictures with him.

She couldn't help but love it though, they seen it exactly how she did.

How is he so blind?

Hollywood surely does change people.

He's came out here before, but never has he once visited her.

Sometimes she goes to things his family has in hopes of seeing him, but she never does.

She's still really close with his family.

David and Katherine are her second parents.

They treat her like a daughter and love her like family.

"Hey Laine" Emily smiled as her best friend approached her.

Laine Swift is her name.

Always been a close friend of Emily's, she told her all of her secrets as did Laine.

"Excited to go back?" Laine asked, continuing to walk with Emily.

She sighed playfully and nodded.

"I need to relax, finals and exams are terrible" They both laughed and headed to their dorms.

"Its okay, Em. You'll find someone new" Laine noticed how Emily's attention drifted away and how she was caught in a deep thought.

Laine was friends with Jack as well, but hated how he never looked back at Omaha.

It's like he completely forgot who he was and where he came from.

She especially hated how he forgot Emily. She didn't care about him forgetting her, she just wanted him to remember Emily.

To make sure their bond stayed strong, and it didn't.

Emily has always been a strong girl, Jack has just always made her emotional.

"When does your flight leave?" Emily asked Laine, fiddling with her bag.

"Friday morning, yours?"

"Same, I just hope everything is exactly how we left it"

Omaha is a small town but a pretty fun one at that.

Never a dull moment.

"There's a party Thursday, wanna go?" Laine asked, Emily never turned down a good time.

It took her mind away from all the overthinking.

Emily smirked in response, "Hell yeah, where?"

"At the Frat house up the block, it's a going away party. It's supposedly some guys last week" Laine explained.

"The girls going?" Laine nodded as Emily dragged her toward her car.

"Let's go find an outfit"

+

"Loving the dress!" Erin complimented Emily, chuckling lightly.

All the girls were there tonight.

Erin Ford, Laine, Monica, Chelsea Kavich, all of Em's closest friends.

"Thanks Erin" she smiled as she made her way through the party.

Emily loved this atmosphere, it was clouding her mind with a feeling she grew to like.

It took her mind off him

"I've never see you here before?" A boy smiled, she looked up noticing his striking looks.

His brunette hair, styled in a quiff, his green eyes darkened with light specks of brown.

A small stubble on his face, he was cute. Very cute.

"Oh, I never really come to any parties at this Frat house" she chuckled lightly, fighting the blush on her face.

"We should change that" he winked, lifting the corona to his lips.

"I'm Beau"

"Emily"

"Well Emily, would you like to dance?"

------------------------
--
Beau mirchoff can Father my children