Chapter Five-Bursting at the Seams

Jeff's POV-

                           "Jace! Look at me!" I pleaded. His eyes were getting clouded with a silvery-blueish hue and sweat was pouring all around his body. I cupped his cheek, pulling his face into a clearer view. I let out a tiny gasp, my bottom lip quivering. 

                          He started to shake and spasm, just for a few seconds, and then he lay still. Stiffer and as motionless as death itself. His eyes fluttered shut, leaving an icy feeling in the room. "Jace, baby? Are you with me? Please! Don't go!" I cry, pulling his head into the crook of my neck. There wasn't any heartbeat. Any breath. Anything...

                           How? How?! He was just fine one second ago, and now he's just.... Gone! Sobs ripped through me, tears dripping into his tousled hair. He sucked in shaky breath, his eyes snapping open and his mouth wide, like he couldn't get enough oxygen. His chest was heaving and he eyed me, relieved. I just sat there in awe.... What happened?

                             He let out a shaky laugh, pull away to run his fingers through his hair. He blew out a big sigh. "So.......I guess you want me to explain what just happened, huh?" He started picking off the black nail polish that coated his nails.

                            I nod, and shrug my shoulders. "Y-yeah...I...I thought I lost you..." tears welled up again. 

                               "Well....ever since i was fourteen, I-I've been getting these....shocky, glitchy things..." His brows furrowed, creating a scowl-like expression. It seems that even he doesn't understand..... "They...They hurt! Like, i get struck by lightning or something..." He shuddered, as if reliving it. He put a hand to his throat. "And then...m-my throat feels like its full of acid, and...everything just get all blurry." He moved his hand to cover his eyes and gulped audibly. "But, you know what the worst part is?" Tears leaked out from underneath his hand. "I can't wake up. It feels like i'm in some nightmare land, and i can't wake up! It's dark....cold..." His whole body shook as he let out a whimper. " And then i look like this!" he sobbed, moving his hand away. I stared into his now frosty-white eyes, mouth hung open.

                              I pulled him into a hug, whispering sweet-nothings in his ear. "Jace, its okay. You're beautiful, just the way you are." He pushed away from me, rubbing his nose.

                                     His head stayed down so his hair covered most of his face. "No. I'm not beautiful. Not even close to being pretty." His whole demeanor shifted in an instant. Just moments ago, he was sad, scared. Child-like, even. But now, he was...fuming...Fuming with anger and hatred. Why?

                                        I reached my hand out and swept it through his fringe, and pulled his face up to meet me. His glacial eyes glared into my soul. "No....I suppose you are, nowhere near beautiful." He slumped as i paused. "You are the most precious angel that has ever graced this world..." I whispered, scanning my eyes accross his face as if to memorize it.

                                       He hissed out a breath, swatting my hand away. "No! Don't you get it?! I'M A FUCKING FREAK!" he scoffed. " Angel...Angel, more like an angel from hell." he spat, venom stinging with every word. A shaky sigh rose from his lips. "My...My eyesss...aren't the only thing wrong with me...itsss my teeth..."

                                         I frowned, tilting my head to the side. "Your...teeth?"