Chapter Five - Waking Up

Hi Everybody ! So I didn't get ten comments on chapter four, but you guys exceeded my fan expectations so I updated this chapter! I know it's short and kind of cruel for me to make you wait so long and then put up this tiny thing, but it's better than nothing right? Don't worry, chapter six is being written now! I hope you guys enjoy this little bridge chapter :)

----------------------------------------------------------

RECAP:

The other wolves stalked around us, and Carly tried her best to watch both of them at once. One of the grey wolves snapped at Carly and she just barely moved out of the way in time. But I saw her eyes fluttering. Did these wolves do that to her?! Before I knew what was happening I let out a low growl. And two seconds later my whole body was pulsing with pain. I screamed out, and tried to curl up. What was happening to me? It hurt so badly. I heard one of the grey wolves yip, and move to attack us, when suddenly a black shadow moved over head, and then it seemed I was drowning in blackness. The snarls of the ensuing fight were the last things I heard before blacking out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CH5.

*Carly’sPOV*

I sat there with my daughter in my lap and my sister passed out beside me. Every once in a while Cayley would reach forward and pet Casey, completely oblivious that it was her aunt in the bed, not just some tame wolf. I was really happy that Cayl wasn’t afraid of her, one day she would fit into our world perfectly. Until then, I wanted her to be safe. A door shut behind me and I turned to look at who entered.

“How is she?” He asked

“Good, she stopped shaking about twenty minutes ago.” I replied sadly, and looked back at Casey

“That’s good, she’ll be waking up soon. You should go get yourself checked out.” He said and tried to lift me from my elbow. I shook my head fiercely.

“No! This is my fault! I should have just told you that there were rogues stalking the area! I had no reason to run out and try to take care of them myself!” I whisper-shouted at him. He rubbed small circles on my back.

“Shh Car, it’s okay. Just calm down, think of Cayley in your lap. You have to be calm. And I’m sure your body wouldn’t be able to take a shift right now.” I sighed and took deep breaths, watching Cayley pet Casey. After a couple minutes I had calmed down.

“Carly, you really should let Amelia look at you. I know she’s not a human doctor yet but she’s been taking care of the pack since we mated. She is a veterinarian after all.” The two of us smirked at the last comment. I ignored that fact that they had mated though. It always left a sour taste in my mouth.

“I’m not leaving until she wakes up.” I said firmly. He sighed.

“Fine, but at least let Amelia take a look at you in here, it’s been almost two days! We need to reset your leg and rewrap your bandages. Especially if you want to cheer tonight.” He offered. This time I sighed. There was no way getting out of this one. The pack had wrapped my wounds when I got here, but since then I haven’t left Casey’s side. My bandages really did need to be changed. And I really did need to be at the game tonight.