chapter3

Hi guys<3 thanks for all the comments and votes=)

Ok, I have a few things to say:

First, this IS a fiction book!!

 I know you have to be 25 to even be in the senate, but I have something planned in the story that needs him to be 22.

Second, I did the dummest thing ever; I spelled the title wrong, lol. I fixed it, but it might still be wrong for some reason. The funny part is that I spelled it right on the cover.

Also, the white house most likely doesn’t have a sanitation room, and I altered it a little. Like I said before, this is fiction book, so I can do that.

Third, this will NOT be a romance book! I know it the last chapter there was a little bit, but that is it. It’s not even boyfriend girlfriend kind of love; it’s the best friend type.

I think that’s all, if you have any questions, just ask<3 Also, I have a question for you guys: I entered this in the mystery/ suspense and scfi category, but when I logged on it was in the thriller and scfi categories. Does anyone know why it changed? I don’t really care that it changed, I’m just curious O_O

Well, that’s it sorry for the long note. Enjoy the chapter<3

Love,

Mara

-------------------------

We were all seated in the conference room. Ian was in the chair at the end of the table with me on the chair down the table to the right. Jason was straight across from me with James next to him. Josh sat next to me, which was directly across from James. The rest of the chairs at the long table were unoccupied.

The room was dead silent; everyone was waiting for someone else to start speaking. I lightly kicked Ian with my foot, urging him to say something. He was the most important person in this room, so it was only right that he talked first. He cleared his throat and then looked around the room at the most important people in the country. Then, say started his speech;

“Thank you all for joining me here on such short notice. As you probably know, the white house sent out a code red emergency message this morning. The message was brief only saying that a top secret science base was broken into.”

He paused for a breath, and to let them nod in understanding. Then he continued,

“On the message, it didn’t say what facility or go into details about what happened at Area 72. What I’m going to tell you was sent in from Mr. Mason who we have at the table today. He was the only survivor from the attack. Mr. Mason, if I tell any details wrong, please don’t be afraid to interrupt me and correct me. Also, do you not be afraid to add in anything. Now what you are about to hear is completely confidential. None of this should ever be mentioned to any civilian and/or any type of media reporter.”

After that, he proceeded to tell the men about what I had told him. When he had finished talking about the attack and what was stolen, the room was once again in a complete dead silence. The quiet was broken by James muttering,

“Good Lord.”

Josh who had not said anything yet, wiggled in his seat. I looked questionably at him, and he said,

“Mr. President, sir, I know you gave me permission to interrupt you at any point in time, but now I wish to say something. I am requesting that you give me permission to speak.”

Ian looked him in the eye and said,

“Solider, I am asking you to speak; anything that you could’ve seen or heard would be a great help to all of us.”