Save Your Self 2

When I finished speaking, the President just sat there shocked. He sat there for a whole 5 minutes before he let his guard drop and looked me in the eyes. I was shocked to see the 22 year old President look scared. He meant my eyes and said in a tired voice,

“What are we going to do?”

Just the sound of his voice made me almost burst into tears! He was always so brave and courageous. He was elected President when he was 21 years old. He’s the youngest President the world has ever known, and most people didn’t believe he could do it; even though he proved himself a million times. He had graduated from Harvard when he was 19 years old, the age most people graduate from high school. He born a genius and he became a hero during his life. When he was running for President, no one gave him a second glance until he disabled a bomb in Pittsburgh. The bomb was big enough to destroy the entire city of Pittsburgh and most of the suburbs around it. He somehow stumbled upon it and was able to disengage it. People started looking up to him more, and people started voting more. He won the election, and has been president for nine months now. He is a single man with almost no plan of settling down, except the occasional girlfriend who is always a gold digger. That is why I told him off the other day.

I just started at him with watery eyes; I didn’t know what to do. He asked again in a little kid voice,

”what are we going to do Mimi?  If whoever broke into there has the right technology they could kill every single person in the USA. Hell, every person in the world if they wanted too! Not to mention all the people who were killed in the Area, all the people who won’t be going home tonight…”

Then, he trailed off and I knew why. His eyes had a determined look in them. I knew that look, it was the look that told me even though he’s young and scared he will be able to do anything! That look caused me to snap out of my worried stage. I couldn’t be selfish and worry about myself when there was a whole entire country to save. That’s why Ian had made ne his secretary to begin with; I was always cool and collected. I had also graduated from Yale 2nd in my class. Right now, we had a bigger issue than weather or not Ian and I were smart enough to meet people’s standards.

“Call in the secretary of defense, the navy captain, and the head of the CIA. Do they know about this yet?”

He told me as he stood up, and started walking toward his desk. I replied,

“No sir, I just got this information in right as I started following you. It wasn’t sent from the pentagon or the CIA. It was directly from the pilot who had survived.”

He looked at me for a minute before saying,

 “I want you to get the pilot in here, too. Send out an urgent meeting request. I want to see them all as soon as they step off the helicopter that brings them here! Tell them we have a code red!”

“Mr. Lane, the pilot is in traumatic care right now---“

“I am the President of the United States, and I demand that I see the pilot. If the doctors give you any trouble getting him, just tell them to bring it up with me!”

By the time he was done talking to me, he was angry.  I hastily moved out of the room after saying a polite,

“Yes Sir.”

I ran down the hall to my office. I grabbed my cell phone and dialed in the number for the pentagon. Luckily, the pentagon had some high-tech stuff, so they knew it was me calling. I was immediately sent to the head of defense.

“Hello Sir, we have a code red. I repeat we have a code red. The President of the United States requests your secretary to come to an immediate meeting at the White House.”