Chap. 9: The Boundary

Chopper's POV ~
"Mmm. Yummy." I ate my deliciously sweet cotton candy. Then Ruffa came in, unexpected. "Ruffa." we all said in synced. "Ruffa, how are you. We've all been so worried about you." Nami hugged her. "I'm fine. Thanks Nami." she replied. But, I sensed that she was sad. "Ruffa, are you alright? You look sad." I asked her. "Nothing. I'm just, so sorry for the troubles I've made. And I'm really sorry that you have to see the things I did. I'm so sorry." she bowed down to everyone. "Ah, that was no trouble at all." Usopp proudly said. "Yeah. We friends help each other no matter what." I said. She raised her head and looked at us, and smiled.

Ruffa's POV ~
This is my 4rth day, and I'm still not making any progress. And I've only got three days left. how am I gonna catch up. Ugh, I'm always distracted by my feelings. I hope after this, I can forget everyone, and everything that has happened.

Narrator's POV ~
After Ruffa woke up, everyone went back to their usual self, except for Zoro and Ruffa. Two days have now passed and, Zoro and Ruffa hasn't spoken to each other yet. Everyone was somehow bothered by this. Now Ruffa has only one day left. And Ruffa hasn't made a progress to Luffy yet. She hasn't even called the headquarters to inform them. On this sixth day, Ruffa called the marine headquarters secretly and told them that the mission was off. She didn't want to continue her mission anymore. She's tired of lying, and she can't lie to her friends. That's why she just sat in a corner drawing, waiting for her subordinates to come and get her. No one bothered talking to her. But then, something happened while she was still drawing.
Another lowlife pirates attacked them. Ruffa decided to fight with them since she was bored. She walked forward and stopped near the railings where the enemy could see her. When the enemies saw her, they stopped moving and looked scared. Eyes widened and mouths hung open. "I-Is that?" "No way." "I thought she was a, marine." the emenies said. "Huh, huh? What? Where? There's no marine here." Chopper looked around. "S-She's right over there." the enemies all pointed out to Ruffa. "Ruffa? No, Ruffa is not a marine. She's our friend." "No, we're sure of it. Her name is Ruffa, Ruffa Akane, The S.A.W. or The Sword Archer Wielder." one of the enemy explained. "Oh. that's right." Robin suddenly said. "What is it Robin?" Nami asked. "Now that, that guy mentioned it, I remember now. Didn't I say that Ruffa's name was familiar?" Robin said, and the Strawhats, except for Ruffa nodded. "I remembered it. Ruffa Akane is her real full name. She was adopted by Admiral Sengoku when a tragedy happened on their island. And Ruffa became Admiral Sengoku's most trusted right hand officer. She is also known as, The S.A.W. or The Sword Archer Wielder." Robin explained. "L-Let's get out of here before the marine catches us." while the enemies hurriedly bailed out. Ruffa just stood near the railings and didn't move.
"Ruffa, is that true?" Nami asked. The others just remained quiet and looked at her. Even Luffy listened to the whole conversation. And Zoro just stared at Ruffa, emotionless. Then Ruffa slowly raised her head to look at them. "She's right everyone. I am a marine officer. The right hand of Admiral Sengoku." Ruffa said wearing a sad smile. "W-Why have y-you come here!" Usopp scaredly said hiding behind Sanji. "I received a mission to spy on Luffy, given to me by Luffy's grandfather Garp. They told me to convince Luffy to be a marine, because his skill could be useful to them, knowing what they did to his brother two years ago. But I know whatever I do, he won't become a marine." Ruffa said.
"So you've been lying to us all the time." Nami sadly said. "I did lie for not saying I'm a marine. But I was true of showing my true feelings to everyone." Ruffa said then looked at Zoro. "Do you expect us to believe that." Zoro suddenly said. "I'm not expecting you to believe me. I just want you to know all of this and understand, because I won't last here any longer." Ruffa turned around and looked the ocean. "Why? W-Where are you going Ruffa?" Chopper asked. "I called the marine headquarters secretly and told them I can't go on with my mission. I felt guilty of lying to all of you." "Ahh, marines!" Brook yelled pointing at the big marine ship. "You called them. That's Super not cool." Franky said. "Don't worry. They're not here to capture you, they're only here for me. I'm sure you're all going to be glad I'm out of your lives right." Ruffa sadly smiled.
Nobody replied to her phrase. "No. I won't be happy about that." until Zoro spoke up. Ruffa looked back at Zoro shocked. And before they know it, the marine stopped beside their ship. "Marine officer Ruffa Akane. We have come to get you." Ruffa's most trusted companion, Robbi said. Ruffa nodded at him. "Well, I'll be going now. Thanks for being my friend, even for just a short time. I had fun." Ruffa waved at them and started to walk to the ship. But Zoro grabbed her hand and stopped her.
"You're not going anywhere Ruffa." Zoro said. "Yes, I am. And could you let go of my hand?" Ruffa pointed at her hand. "You've already said that before, and this time I'm not letting you go. And you know what, I do understand now what you meant back at the infirmary. And I don't care if you're a marine." Zoro yelled. "No, Zoro. We have our own life! We can't be together! You're a pirate, I'm a marine. Marine and pirates can't be together! We have a boundary between us! We have, our own boundaries!" Ruffa cried. "Then I'll slice through that boundary! That's not going to keep us apart." Zoro yelled. Nami, Chopper, Brook, Usopp and Franky were starting to cry, small tears flowing from their eyes.
Ruffa removed her hand from Zoro's and hugged Zoro. "I'm sorry Zoro. But, I have to do this. It's my responsibility." Ruffa whispered. Ruffa separates from the hug and she shortly kissed Zoro. "I love you Zoro." she whispered to him. She looked at Robbi and nodded, signaling him to do something. Then Robbi took out something in his pocket and threw it in the Strawhats ship. Then smokes covered the whole area. Zoro felt Ruffa loosened her grip around him. But he can't see her through these smokes. "Smokescreen? I can't see." "Nami-swan~, where are you. I'm right here." everyone couldn't see anything because of the smokes.
"Zoro! Don't let them take Ruffa!" Luffy shouted through the smokes. "What? Luffy, she's a marine." Usopp said. Then the smokes cleared out in a few seconds. And the marine ship was nowhere to be found. "What are you saying Luffy." Nami said. "Yeah. She is a marine. But she is still our friend, even for a short time. And I am not gonna leave a friend behind, no matter what she is or who she is. Because we never failed to save a friend of ours." Luffy said while covering his face with his strawhat. "I agree with Luffy." Sanji said, while lighting his cigarette. "Me too." Nami smiled. "You too Nami?" Usopp yelled. "Yes. I agree with Luffy. But didn't you remember the time he saved me from Arlong? We were enemies back then. I even tried to kill you, but I didn't. Because you're my friend. And I think that's what Ruffa is feeling right now. Even Robin experienced the same thing at Water 7 and Enies Lobby. All of us didn't want to pirates in the pirates. But look what it turned out. Our friendship brought together. And we experienced great adventures because of that." Nami explained and smiled.
"You're right. Ruffa is our friend, and she needs us." Usopp said. "Maybe she will need us." "What do you mean Robin." Chopper asked. "I mean, what do you think will happen after she failed her mission. It means something bad is going to happen to her because she failed her duty as a marine. Because she didn't want to ruin us all. And maybe she knows what's going to happen to her." Robin said. And what she said was true. Ruffa didn't want to ruin them by taking their captain away. So she sacrificed herself to them, knowing what will happen to her.