Chapter Thirteen

Dear John,

People are becoming more and more hypocrite by the passing day.

It astonishes me, how much changes in the passing minute.

How could this be?

A man cheats on his wife of twenty years in a matter of months.

Just like that, ruin his life and hers and for what?

What is happening to the world John?

Why are people so interested in figures lately, and not even care about what is in the heart?

Why are families falling apart?

Do you think I can ever turn into someone like them?

Or am I already actually one of them?

I live in the same world as they do. I breathe the same air and eat the same food.

So what is it John that differs me from them?

Am I actually different or just another stereotype?

I love you and forever and always will.

Yours,

Anne

I was finally done with the third novel I found in John's room. It has affected me, frustrated me, like nothing more in my whole life.

The man cheats on his wife for years, just like that.

Those people disgust me and I felt like sharing my feelings with John, maybe he has the answers for me, and maybe I will get them, one way or another.

Expressing my feelings in my letters to John became a sort of routine for me, it sort of got rid of some of the negative energy in my body and I liked it.

It was like screaming at the top of your lungs over a cliff and then jumping into ice cold water. Yes, it relieved me that much.

I was currently packing for my trip with Adam. We gathered all the information we can on the people's names on the envelopes and were now heading to distribute them.

He predicted it would take us over two days, and I took permission from my mother to stay at a hotel nearby, as going back home would waste plenty of time.

What if the things in the letters were urgent?

Throughout the period we spent collecting the information, I learned a lot about Adam.

Firstly, he is the most patient person alive.

Even though, it took us over weeks to know the address of only one person, he was never angry or frustrated. Always calm and expecting that we would find out, soon.

Secondly, he is a person that I can trust and rely on. Honestly, at first I thought he wouldn't help me. But when he agreed, so rapidly, like he didn’t even think about it, that was the point that I realized, he is something completely opposite of what I thought.

And lastly, when he asked if we could visit John's grave at the end of our journey and promised we would go at any time I felt sad, that was when I opened up to him. And my definition of opening up, is crying in front of him and not feeling like a child for it.  

A car horn sounded, and I hurried downstairs.

'Take care, Anne, will miss you honey' said Mom, her eyes teary up a bit.

'I will' I promised and hugged her tightly. 

Aurhor's note: this chapter is dedicated to @LindyWindy for the amazing cover she did for the story. 

Thanks again dear!

please vote and tell me what you think. 

Much Love,

Malak xx