Can You Say Woah?

Sososososososososo SO sorry for lack of update. You see, I was busy living life so I could add more to this story. I need to get a move on though, the story is currently in the middle of June, and August is almost up!! Ah! So sorry!(: But, I promise my faithful readers will (eventually) get a happy ending. I'm already living it, I just don't think you guys will be able to guess that happy ending. And yes, you're supposed to think about what I just said(: My happy ending is... different. And it's not really an ending...(:

Kace(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Eventually breakfast rolled around. Then morning classes. Then lunch. Nothing really happened. It was a smooth first full day, and dinner was served on time and was actually pretty good, especially considering it was camp food. We had free night recreation, and of course we were the first in the pool. Then it was lights out, and we of room seven were asleep before our heads hit our pillows. The first full day. Those four words repeated themselves in my mind as I drifted, always emphasizing first. Something told me I’d eventually regret getting talked into coming to camp, but until the regret hit, I was determined to make the most of my time with Jacob…

           Wednesday morning we all got up with smiles spread across our faces. White Water? We think yes. We got ready in record time, and I slammed the door behind us as we ran to the starting line. We’d eat, load the bus, and be on our way.

            I’ve never seen so many kids get on one bus at one time that quick. I guess White Water was a really good motivation. Hannah and Carmen ended up somewhere behind Michayla and I. Everyone was seated, and we hit the road.

           We sang camp songs at full volume. We yelled about sharks, we rambled on about burritos, and we mocked frogs. Crazy? That’s just us.

           Most of the kids drew the line at the Frog Song. Participation fell, and eventually we stopped trying. I stared out the window, and watched as Atlanta flew by me. We went under so many bridges… Then I remembered.

      “Michayla! Whale sounds!” she looked at me like I was crazy. “Remember DPA? Whale sounds? Bridges? Dezzy started it. Every time we go under a bridge, we make those awful noises.”

     Her eyes lit up. “Oh yeah! Let’s start that again. Look! Bridge!” Five seconds later, she and I made a chorus of “whales.” We were the only two, but we sure caught attention. I could hear Flo in the background, too.

         “And we’ll have to meet back up at 2 and—hold on.” Flo turned to us. “I’m not sure what ya’ll are doing, but as soon as I finish this conversation, I’m gonna find out.” She smiled and turned back to the girl she’d been chatting with. How were we going to explain the bridges? It’d been our thing since DPA. It was our county’s game. It kept us occupied between North Georgia and Rock Eagle many times since DPA.

       “Alright girls. Do tell all.” Flo had a questioning look on her face. Interest colored her eyes, and she looked ready to hear some off the wall explanation. And that’s pretty much what she was going to get.

      “Well…” Michayla started. “It started on the way to DPA. You know where Rock Eagle is. And our county borders Tennessee. Pretty far, right? So we’re all in the van, SO BORED, and this chick named Destiny randomly goes wooooaaaaahhhhh. We all give her crazy looks, and she explains that she was bored and we went under a bridge. Thus, the Bridge Game was born.” Flo seemed confused for a moment, and then her eyes lit up with understanding.

        “Oh! Can I steal that?” she had a smile across her face.

       I looked to Michayla, and she was already looking at me. We shrugged at the same time, and in unison said sure. Flo smiled and announced over the microphone the instructions of the new game. Kids laughed at it, but played along anyway. Soon, the whole bus got really quiet right before a bridge, and it roared to life the moment the bridge’s shadows crept onto the bus.

         How was I going to regret this? Nothing’s wrong. And it’s going to stay that way. Something clawed at me, told me it wouldn’t be okay, and said I’d wish I’d never came. Something was going to happen. Big or small, something would happen.