Swimming Closer to Camp

It was next Monday before we talked again.
Me: Heyy(:
Jacob: Hey
Me: you goin 2moro?
Jacob: no... im in florida. didnt i tell you that?
Me: nope.
Jacob: oh. well surprise!
Me: haha, i guess so(:
Jacob: Yeah. Still excited about camp?
Me: Absolutelehh! haha(: r u?
Jacob: yeah. Do you think Kandi or Chris or Paul or whoevers drivin will let us sit 2gethr?
Me: Probably, unless the rules have changed in the past three months. i sat with isaiah the whole way to DPA, so it shouldnt be a problem.
Jacob: I hope they do. ur the only person i know goin besides my cousin...
Me: haha you dont no trey or carmen or anybody?
Jacob: nope. just u n hannah.
Me: i feel speshul naow(:
Jacob: okay...?
Me: haha absolutelehh!
Jacob: yeah. hey chris n hannah r yellin for me, talk to you later?
Me: yeah. have fun with that(: haha
Jacob: oh always... (:
    And that was it. I was left completely confused. He was still acting like he cared... But was that just it? Was he acting? Ugh. Life was NOT fair. I guess I just needed to relax and let the whole situation play itself out. He either liked me or didn't; nothing I could do would change his opinion of me. I just had to be calm and collected, like I always am. Or used to be.
    *Tuesday*
    "Morning Hannah! I assumed you were in Florida with Jacob.... Why didn't you go?" I asked, being greeted by Hannah at the door. "And while you're answering that, will you untie my bathing suit? My dad tied it while we were in Florida, and he SUCKS at tieing. its to tight and crooked."
     "Because, he's my cousin, I'm not in love with him like other people... And why pass up an opportunity to go swimming with you? I mean that's all they're going to do. And I can't get it. Ask Paul, or my dad." she said, stabbing me in the neck with her thumb.
     "Oww! And okay, haha! Just don't stab me again! I'm putting that on facebook as soon as I get signal back."
     "Of course you are. I hope we get signal at camp, so we can post everything stupid we say!"
     I laughed. "Absolutely, Hannah. With Carmen around, there will be PLENTY of that!"
    Cindy rounded us up and we headed to the lake. I had fond memories of this place from last year. It's where I had met Carmen and her sister Zenaida, it's where Hannah and I actually became friends, it's where Trey shoved me off the diving board and I ended up doing the perfect flip and got to rub it in his face.... Like I said, very fond memories!
     We pulled up to the building that stood just outside of the gates of the lake. I swear everybody was out of the van and in line to get in in record time. Cindy just laughed and went to the front of the line of kids. She payed our way in, and then got pushed aside by the boys that ran towards the sunny part of the grass to lay their towels down. Cindy looked at me, and we just burst out laughing. We understood eachother so well, you would think that we'd know eachother longer than a year.
   Hannah and I waded in the shallower, warmer parts of the water for a little while. We talked about everything under the sun; our summer vacation, our parents, boys, etc. Then Trey attepted to "sexy walk" towards us.
    "Oh my God, Trey, you're a freaking idiot!" Hannah and I said in unison. We giggled as we got a disapproving frown from Trey.
    "Now that's hardly ladylike of you two. Although I have to admit, I wasn't coming over here to be nice.." He said, his smirk returning to his player face.
    "We know. You never are coming to be nice, Trey. You're Trey, I think Hannah agrees that we'd be worried if you weren't rude." I turned to Hannah who was doing everything she could not to fall down laughing. "Plus, neither of us ever claimed to be "ladylike". Ladylike isn't fun. And if you think it is, I want to see YOU trying to walk around in six inch heels and a dress." That was the end of Hannah. She plopped down in the water and laughed until her sides hurt. Trey looked at her confused, as he had no clue that that was one of the topics that had come up before he walked over. He looked back up to me for an explanation, but I waved him off. He shook the idea out of his head and began to talk again.
     "So what I was going to say, before Ms. Giggles here had an outburst, was why aren't you girls actually in the water? Kasey, you brag about what a great swimmer and diver you are, but I've not seen the water go past your knees yet. Except when you fell, and that was hilarious." He smiled, trying to embarass me. I was such a klutz, it was on the brink of a health problem.
      Hannah got herself under control and stood back up.
     "I talked her into wading with me for a while, because I think it's awfully cold. After a good protest, she gave in. You know how well she can swim and dive; she threw that in your face when you tried to drown her by throwing her off the board last year!" she practically screamed that last part. I loved her, she was always there to defend me, even when it was Trey she had to go up against.
      "Oh, so Miss Giggles was cold? I thought you never got cold?" he laughed and pulled her deeper into the water.
      "Holy--!" she screamed; I couldn't help but laugh at her. She was such a drama queen! "I never claimed not to get cold! I said I USUALLY don't! Keyword being usually!" she started walking back towards me with an upset look on her face.
      "Hannah, you're already wet now. You'll get warmer quicker if you just go under and stay under, away from the wind. I was just about ready to go on in anyways. I'm tired of just standing here. I want to swim.." I said, earning another glare. Her face softened, I guess she realized what I said made way more sense. She turned back towards Trey, and smiled. She tackled him, making them both go under. Trey brought them both back up, and looked at Hannah for a second. After they couldn't contain themselves any longer, they started laughing their butts off. Trey sat back down holding Hannah and they just kept right on giggling. I'm not sure if they knew it, but they'd be adorable together.
       Finally Hannah stood back up and helped Trey up. I smiled at her and she just kind of blushed, almost like a confession. We'd have to be talk about that later, but for the moment I was going to pull them back into the water.
      The whole rest of the day passed, with me showing Trey that last year's dive wasn't just luck, and Hannah finally just diving to the bottom of the lake. This year would be just like the last, amazing and unforgetable.
      The next day was craft day. It ended up just being Hannah, Destiny, and me that showed up, but that made it all the more fun. It was like a girl's day in, except it passed way to quickly. Regardless of how fast it seemed to go, time couldn't go by fast enough with camp being five days away...
~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I happen to be loving the *259* reads you guys have given me. Please, keep 'em coming! it makes my day when I see that number start ticking up(: Please comment with any questions/comments/concerns/other random groups of words(: