Oh My # 13: Distance

[Celine's POV]

We entered my grandfather's office and I slammed my hand on his table. My grandfather looked at me, his smile never leaving his face.

"How... How could you decide something like that?!" Lu Han locked the door so that no one would interupt us. It's also a good thing that his office was soundproof.

"It was a good idea, an idea they gave me when they knew Lu Han has been staying with you." Sumandal ang lolo ko sa upuan n'ya and gave me a casual look, like this thing is not a problem at all. "I did say that in the party, didn't I?"

"I won't accept it!"

The smile in my grandfather's face faded and he closed his eyes before he sighed, "I knew you'd say that."

"Then why push it through?! Why announce something that would change, not just my life, but also Lu Han's?!" I almost screamed at my grandfather, how can he do this to me? He didn't even try to ask for my permission.

I snapped at Lu Han, he was completely silent in this, "Say something! Do you want to marry me?!"

His eyes shot right at me, meeting my gaze, he was as surprised as I am, but shouldn't he be voicing out his thoughts as well?

"We'll talk about this some other time, Celine. For now, the proposal is still standing." My grandfather said to me and he went around his table to stand next to me. "Think about it, Celine. I'm not getting any younger and so are you." He put his hand on both of my shoulders and looked at me in the eyes, "I want what's best for you. For now, go home and think about this." He then turned to Lu Han, "Take her home."

Lu Han was immediately at my side, I looked at him and he didn't utter a word, his eyes were also void with emotions. He stayed silent and just continued to follow everything my grandfather is saying.

I shook my head and was about to walk pass through him, when I suddenly felt dizzy, making me stumble and almost fell to the ground if it wasn't for Lu Han's arm that immediately secured their place on my waist.

"Hey, you okay?" Looking up to him, his eyes immediately filled with worry, from being emotionless earlier, he immediately shifted to this caring person I have been with for a month.

A month...

That's when I realized that it has been a month since I saw him in the forest, a deer who licked my blood and soon enough turn into a human before my eyes, drinking my blood, not once, but twice.

"I'm okay." Pushing him away, I stood straight and went out of the room. All eyes were on me and I just rolled my eyes and looked away from them, making my way to the elevator.

I pressed the button and waited for the elevator, I felt Lu Han's presence beside me, his stare is burning the back of my head.

"Stop staring at me." Nilingon ko s'ya and his eyes were still the same, "I'm okay, so stop worrying." Bumuntong hininga ako at tiningnan ko ang numero sa screen at hinintay na makarating ito sa floor kung nasaan kami.

"Are you sure?" And here he goes again, "Gusto mo bang kumain muna? Baka nahihilo ka lang dahil hindi ka pa kumakain." Pagpipilit nito.

The elevator chimed at bumukas ang pintuan nito, pumasok ako at sumunod s'ya, kami lang dalawa ang nasa loob ng sumara ang pintuan ng elevator. I pressed the button going to the ground floor at agad naman itong umandar pababa.

I looked at the numbers being shown in the screen as we slowly descended, then the lights started to flicker making me flinch and took a step back. I looked around as the lights continued to flicker, napaatras ulit ako hanggang sa nabangga ko si Lu Han, his hands steadied me at tiningnan ko s'ya. Nakakunot ang noo n'ya but he tried to remain calm.