she is nana

Flashback (5 years back)

Krystal's POV

"Doctor, what time will she be out??" Amber asked worriedly before I was pushed into the labor room.

I swear I could see the doctor almost rolling his eyes, "I told you, we don't know. It's up to her, really."

Amber again held his hand nervously and asked, "S-She'd be safe with you all right???"

I detected annoyance in his tone but he composed himself, "She'll be fine. Okay?? Let us go in please!"

I smiled at the nervous wreck.

Throughout the months, she's been a great big help, but I can't help but notice that the old spark within her died along with her relationship with Minah.

She was doubly hurt when that b*itch had found a new love interest pretty soon after their break-up.

Amber was shattered, but she wouldn't allow me to comfort her and frankly I felt like I was responsible for it, so I kept my distance as much as I can.

Our relationship is not as it used to be, sure, but I think I deserve it for pulling her in this.

I stared at her worried face as I was wheeled into the labor room.

It's okay if she's only a half shell of who she used to be, it's okay if she doesn't love me, because she's still the Amber that I love.

"The baby's a girl!" The nurse exclaimed and after they cut the cord and washed her, I held her in my embrace, the little one was crying so loudly that I cried too.

I cry way too easily, actually.

"How is she?? Where is the baby??" I could hear her bugging the doctors again and I grinned while crying.

She came in and she froze when she saw the baby, then she slowly walked to us, her mouth hanging open.

"Come on, hold her" I said amusedly and she turned to eye me nervously, but held the baby gently in her strong arms.

She cooed to the baby adoringly, then she turned to me with widened eyes, "F*ck"

I giggled, "No bad words in front of the baby, Amber."

She looked serious suddenly, she held the baby's hand and vowed, "Baby...I promise I'd change. No more foul-mouthed, rash, immature Amber. I will work hard and long for you and your mother, okay?? Baby, I love you"

I cried again when she said that and she held my hand, "I promise, I'd change for the better, for us all."

"What should we name her?" I asked and she slowly smiled, "Nana. Jung Nana. She's going to be as beautiful as you are, Krystal."

I blushed and she turned to the baby, "Nana-ah, dad's here."

When she vowed she'd change for the better, she really did.

She became overly hardworking.

In the days, she worked hard while at nights, she never allowed me to tend to the baby, as I was recuperating.

She alone, shouldered all the responsibilities of caring for the newborn without a word of complaint.

I watched as she tirelessly took on all the responsibilities of the household, and I didn't push my luck by confessing to her, she's already got too much in her hands.