30.2 - 'Backup Plan'

Chapter 30

(Part 2)

Klaus's POV – The next day

I hadn't closed my eyes for a minute all night. I was still re-reading the note they left on the doorstep.

We have your little brother, if you want him back alive, you better bring Skylar to the at the old house off, Columbus street.

For the first time I didn't know what to do; Though one thing was sure- There was no way in hell that I was taking my angel anywhere near those people. As horrid as it sounds I would rather let them have Wesley instead of them taking her, and I know that can look terrible and 'family should come first' But the thing Is Sky is my everything, without her, there is no point in my existences.

I looked down at her sleeping figure, there was a reason why I call her angel; she looks just like one. "My angel" I whispered and gently kissed her forehead, she seemed so innocent asleep on my chest, so venerable to the rest of the world... to those people who want her. I knew she could take care of herself, but she will always seem vulnerable to me. I will always worry about her well-being when I'm not with her. I was her protector... I won't let anyone hurt her... or take her away from me. She was mine.

I hadn't told her about the note. She was too upset about... seeing her father. The other reason I didn't show her- the obvious reason, was because I knew that if she saw it, she would go without hesitation to save Wesley and I will not let that happen.

**Klaus?** I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Ethan's thoughts, he knew about the letter. I had shown it to him before I took Sky up to bed.

**The pack is at the lake** He told me and I knew where he meant. The lake was the nearest secluded spot that was big enough for the whole pack.

***Okay, I want you to send Kain and Luther, here to watch the house** I told him as I gently played with her hair.

**You mean to watch over Sky**

**Well I don't need them to fucking watch over the plants in the yard!** I bellowed my thoughts to him, the little punk.

**Okay, they're on their way**

I didn't say any more to him as I put my guard back up. He knew I wouldn't be leaving her until they arrived.

I gently pulled out from under her and placed her head onto the pillow. She made a cute little moan but otherwise didn't wake up. I then looked around the room for something to write a note on. My first place to look would be her bedside table, so I went to her side of the bed and slowly opened up the draw. Only to find what looked like a... well it wasn't a diary... more like a scrapbook. I smiled slightly, she didn't come across as the sentimental, scrapbook type. I stared at it some more debating whether to look at it or not. In the end, I decided against it, I didn't want to seem like a creeper. So I closed the draw once I found some paper and a pen.

Hey Angel,

If you wake up and I'm not here I have to go to a pack meeting.

I'll be back soon,

I love you

Klaus

Okay weird, I shivered what was happening to me?! I wasn't the type who was into writing a sappy letter and leaving it on her bedside table.

I pushed the thought away as I leaned down and gave her one last kiss before I walked out of the room without looking back. I knew that if I did, I wouldn't be able to leave her.

When I got to the front door, Kain and Luther were already there. They were two of my pack members which I trusted the most, they both had their own mates and children, so I wasn't worried about letting them in my house, while Sky slept.