32 - 'Nothing Left but A Post-it Note'

---

Chapter - 32

Wesley's POV.

Looking across at my sad-a*s brother, as we ran back to his pack house was just like looking at a reflection of myself. He looked like sh*t from the outside, and I felt sh*t on the inside. Was this some kind of freaky twin thing – Us both losing our mates at the same time?

I looked down at the chain hanging from my neck and smiled as my heart created just a little more cracks, just to really beat me while I'm down. I thought bitterly to myself.

I looked back over at my poor excuse for an alpha brother. He was still laying across Ethan's back bleeding to death, and I thought that he had the strongest 'f*cking' Alpha in the US, Yeah right.

My head was too much of a mess, so it took me a while to recognize the wolf who was running with us.

When I did though I frowned, what was Quinn doing here?!

***What the hell dude?*** I asked him and when he didn't even look at me. I growled and pestered him more with my thoughts, but a response never came. I ran ahead slightly and hit him with the side of my head, and I laughed as he fell sideways into a bush. He held the most shocked face, and I would have laughed harder if it weren't for the sound of vicious growls coming from behind me. I turned around slowly to come face to snarl with an extremely angry.... Ethan? I frowned confused as my eyes flashing between Him, Quinn and Klaus and then back again.

"For f*cks sake Ethan I'm dying here, and you just chucked me on the damn floor?" Klaus groaned, but Ethan didn't even acknowledge him. He was too busy trying to kill me with his eyes, I guess I should tell him that it wasn't working soon...

"Look can we have this great 'coming out' confession another time, preferably whenI'm not bleeding to death?!" Klaus groaned in frustration and pain. I looked at him confused and then looked back up when Ethan walked past me towards Quinn.

"Quinn's in my pack now little brother" He chuckled even in his state of mind. What?!

I looked back to Quinn confused and then in shock when Ethan's canines wrapped around his neck and pulled him up. My eyes focused on them as Ethan licked him when he was back on his feet. What the actual f*ck?!

I looked between them as they seemed to have their own internal conversation and then looked back at my brother.

"We need to get back" Klaus growled. I took one last look at Quinn and Ethan, but Ethan was too busy 'nursing' Quinn back to health. I didn't know whether to freak or laugh. Quinn? I shook my head, somewhere within the last second it all clicked, but that didn't mean I wasn't freaked out about it. Quinn was actually... Gay?

I shook my head completely freaked out and then turned to my brother shaking my head at his miserable state. If this were any other time, I would have laughed at him... maybe even have kicked him (literally) while he was down, but I couldn't find it in me to be mad at him anymore. It was as if meeting Evie, made me realize that the past shouldn't matter anymore. After all, we were young, we made mistakes, and for Evie, I needed to grow up, become a man that she deserved and forgive him for what he did. As she says, it takes a real man to forgive and forget.

- Flashback –

I woke up once again to the sour taste of drain water; the putrid smell of damp and worst of all, I woke up with my mate, not in my arms.

Today was the 'day,' the day I would get out of this hellhole. The day we would put our plan into action. The day Sky was going to replace me, and more importantly; the day I'd have to say goodbye to Evie. I groaned. I would rather stay in a cellar with Evie than be free without her, but we had no choice. It was times like this when you come up with some major action-packed plan, which in my mind involved a black ninja costume and Jackie Chan moves. I would karate chop their heads off in turn, with some 'superhuman' power, which had been building within me since the day I popped out of my mums fa-jay-jay. And I'd save the day with time to have a heated make-out session with my girl as I flew through the air on my way to kick that big beefy one in the face...which would knock him dead. But I had to remind myself that I didn't live in an action movie, and this slow/kinda sad plan was the only reasonable plan there was, and hopefully, it would work. - Just not in a super-cool way.