Chapter 5: The lonely cat lady.

Hannah.

----------- BACK IN THE SCHOOL, AFTER SKIPPING, IN THIRD PERIOD. ---------

"Hannah?" The subsitute called out when she got to the end of the role. I popped my head up, dreading the fact there was another Hannah in the class. "Hannah Grimes?" She called out again, looking right at me this time questioningly.

I raised my hand and she checked me off the role, I left my hand up and she looked back at me. "Yes?"

"Um, my name's actually on your role?" She nodded and I slid my hand down. "It just.. Wasn't on my other teacher's role." The Sub shrugged and then I spoke up again. "But I like to be called Sam." She fixed my name on the role to Sam and put away the role sheet to begin. 

During her teaching lesson, all I could think about was how quiet it actually was, I took the opportunity while she was reading about Edgar Allen Poe aloud,a dn scanned the room of my classroom's faces. There were a lot of girls, all with basically the same complection. Long light hair, blue eyes, thin, and they all seemed to have a makeup line from their foundation and bronzer on their faces. I tried not to be judgemental though, because that's not me. I feel bad as soon as I say it or think it.

I noticed in the front seat in the middle of the class sat a girl who looked familiar to me. How does anyone look familiar to me in this school? My interest in her perked up and I found myself watching either her, or the clock to count down the time till the bell rang and I could sneakily run up and look at her. 

Luckily enough for me, she just turned her head over to talk to the same ginger boy I'd seen earlier talking to Austin. Austin? Why does he keep coming up today? Stop it brain! I sighed and looked back at the girl. Hey! She was from the other day when I was picking up my schedule! The one I wanted to run from. I smiled and hoped she'd see me, though, I don't know why. I guess I was feeling a little more social. I looked at the long haired ginger kid and he was leaning over his desk obnoxiously and whispering something to her that was always making her giggle.

"Excuse me?! Is ANYONE listening?" The teacher yelled from the front of the class, book in her hand, her face beet red and her breathing labored. The class burst into laughter and I just sat there, not knowing exactly what was funny, then I remembered, hey, I'm socially awkward and unacceptable, of course I wouldn't get the joke. I looked back down at the book the Sub had been reading from and tried to find where she was picking up at when she finally got back to reading. I'll be forever alone, with cats...

The bell rang as soon as she finished the chapter, because of all the random out bursts that my once quiet class was giving her. I walked down the hall, excited that it was my lunch time, and pulled out my school map. I twisted and turned it, trying to figure out how to read it right. Oh well, regardless you know you'll be wrong anyways. I sighed and started somewhere I remembered, my locker. 

I went downstairs and found my locker like I had easily enough this morning. My hall was deserted, the bell I guess had rang and everyone was where they should be. But you can't be actually late to lunch can you? Like, in trouble late? I unlocked my lock and switched out my books and things in my backpack for the day, then locked it back up and got the map unfolded in the right direction.

"Hey I remember you!" I turned and the girl.. God what did she say her name was again?! Was there, pointing at me with a grin on her face as she walked over with a friend. The friend was shorter, about my height, and was wearing a pale blue floral printed sundress and some pale pink Vanz that matched the dresses little flowers. Her short, black haired Bob cut was curved around her face, and her green eyes reminded me of cat's bright eyes.