VII. Sonic the Hedgehog

Instead of staying at the lab and continuously asking how Mega Man was doing, I decided to explore. I was bored and sick of staying in a house all day. I wanted to run around, feeling the wind across my face. Or, at least, since I was still weakened, I could go somewhere else and take a nap.

Dashing off, I headed towards what looked like a giant plain of some sort. That was a start. As long as there was no ice or water or anything bad, I would be okay. Ice was far too slippery to run on, and everyone knows what happens when I jump in the ocean...

Eventually I stopped. It had gotten considerably cold since I had left. But before I could go anywhere, I saw a massive tree that made me gasp. It was huge and had a weird feeling to it.

This thing stood far over me. It was at least ten yards high, if not more. It was amazing something like it could live in the middle of nowhere, with nothing taking care of it but the rain and sunshine.

I couldn't resist climbing to the top of it. I grabbed a sturdy branch, then started to make my way up. On my sixth or so branch, however, it snapped, and I fell to the ground on my back. I shouted in pain, but it got better after not moving for a while, so I began to climb again. I was careful to test each branch, however, trying not to slip up again. My back was so sore now.

Finally, I saw a branch that had a wide, flat piece of wood on it. I decided to sit there, seeing as it would be comfortable enough. I put my legs up, no longer having a care in the world. Now, nothing mattered. I was free of any rule, and I would always be. I could travel anywhere in a matter of minutes, and it didn't matter who my enemy was. They wouldn't win, for I would always be superior.

My right eye hurt, and it wouldn't open but slightly. A few trickles of blood streamed from it as I held my hand on it, but I knew it wasn't much to worry about. At least my chest hadn't caved in. If it hadn't been for that darn robot with the drill bombs for hands...

A big, loud yawn escaped my mouth, and I closed my eyes, knowing I was safe from anyone trying to, oh, for instance, capture me and try and steal my energy for world domination. The usual. Within a few minutes, I was fast asleep.

Boowhip! I heard. The sound had woken me up, though I knew it was only Mega Man. Dr. Light probably sent him to make sure I hadn't magically died somehow. But how had he found me? Concerned, I looked at down, seeing Mega Man as I had thought, not some crazy robot who thought he could beat me in a race. I chuckled. No one could ever beat me in a race.

The sun was up, so I had missed the sunrise. Instead, it was high in the sky, showing off its rays that would never leave the planet. I wasn't pleased with that, but I would live. Besides,  a lot of sleep was what I needed after that battle. And there would always be another sunrise, wouldn't there?

I waited for Rock to climb up the tree, and I almost burst out laughing when I heard a branch snap and a thud on the ground. He had done the same thing I had, falling onto his back with a groan.

Again, I sat, waiting for him to succeed. He almost fell another time, a branch nearly breaking off, but he caught a piece of wood just before, hanging on with a single hand.

"Looks like you need some practice climbing trees, kid." I said to Mega Man as he came up. He wrapped his legs around a branch and held onto it with his hands. With his expressionless face, it was hard to decipher what he was thinking. He was in his normal form, with his weird, overgrown brown hair and a tee shirt with shorts.

"I'm not as flexible as you..." He said. He looked at my face, nearly gasping. "What happened?"

I chuckled. "That bomb guy tried to blow off my face. It look that bad?"