Love and Cars- Chapter 13

The tension in the room could be cut with spoon, it was that bad. I didnt know how to act to whatever their issue with each other is, but Im not really sure how they could possibly have any issues they only met the one time at the club. So I released Dom and headed to the counter to begin with dinner. I dont like to be bothered with other peoples issues, and I have a real skill for ignoring situations such as these.

Do either of you want a drink? I ask, trying to be polite.

Nah babe, Im good right now thanks though. Doms replied.

Same thanks kid. Said Zeke, Um Im going to go make a call real quick Ill be right back.

I nod in response to Zeke, as he leaves the kitchen I see him and Dom giving each other some awfully hateful glares. I raise an eyebrow to the guys and Zeke just picks up his pace with leaving the kitchen. I look back over to Dom, still with the questioning look. I really dont want to get into whatever their beef is but it is my boyfriend and best friend, I love them both and I would hate to have the two people closest to me not like each other. They didnt seem to mind each other the other night at the club. I shook my head to clear it slightly and focused on Dom.

Im going to have chat with Zeke if thats alright with you? It was clear he wasnt asking me, more just informing. I nodded but then thought a second and caught him before he was out of the kitchen.

Youll tell me later what this is about. Mine was also not a question. He looked at me like he was going to argue, but I raised an eyebrow again as if to say, are you really going to try and keep something from me? he nodded and headed toward the door.

Well now I had the kitchen to myself and it was weirdly quiet so I grabbed my phone and turned on Pandora to listen to while I started on dinner and also worked on the pie I was making for Ron. I had finished two batches of chicken and had the pie in the oven by the time Zeke and Dom came in.  They had serious faces on but I could feel that some of the tension has been diminished. After I finish putting the last of the chicken in the fryer, I turn and look to the guys who are now standing in the kitchen with me on opposite sides of the room.

So I trailed off not knowing how to proceed with conversation.

Well we need to talk, there are some things that you need to know about the life your about to enter with me. It was Dom who started the conversation, but the way he said this made me a little nervous about this conversation that was about to happen. So I pulled up my big girl panties and nodded for him to continue.

There are other creatures in our world, ones that Im sure that you are unaware of; others creatures such as the fey, vampires demons. We usually keep to our own kind, though there are those that have changed in their beliefs and have progressed in their ways of thinking. Just like with the humans. They have started to become more social and active in the human society, leading normal and active lives. They live normal active lives in human society. They are low key with their other half of their lives. You probably know several that are of a differentspecies that you deal with on a daily basis. He said with a sly pointed look to Zeke. What was that about? I turned my gazed to Zeke with confusion clearly written on my face.

Ok kid, there is clearly some things that I have to tell you he dragged out. Ok so, Im half demon on my fathers side. He said looking very nervous at my reaction. I think I surprised them both when I turned around to turn the chicken and stir the Mac and cheese, while I thought this through. So he was half demon, Dominic is a full werewolf. And over the last 4 year he has been nothing if not the best friend anyone could ask for, hes the guy I turned to if I needed to talk or anything at all for that matter. Just because hes part of another species who am I to judge? I mean seriously, if I can accept the Dom being a werewolf and Ive only known him for a week then I can definitely accept my best friend as being half demonic.