Love and Cars- Chapter 2

Love and Cars

Chapter 2

            I reach the office after the short trip between the two offices, Dominic was in the same spot as I had left him in. The look on his face was best described as awe struck with a hint of confusion. As I glanced over his face I couldn't help the laugh that came out. The confusion over took his face and his eyes. Though his eyes were mostly filled with the confusion there was something lurking just below the surface. I wasn't able to ask before he interrupted my laughter.

"What's funny?" he asked.

"The face you were making when I entered was just a bit amusing." I answered him, the confusion stayed, so I signaled that I would demonstrate by pointing to my face and mimicked the look he had been making. When he realized that the spaced out look was, indeed funny, he let out a small embarrassed chuckle. Something about the sound of his laugh made a giggle escape my lips. Now for me, giggles are a bit girly, but I guess with a man as sexy as this, I should by all means embrace the girly side and flirt a little! Which is exactly what I plan on doing!

"It seems that I've been giving the choice of hiring you or not, so before I get another car that I have to take care of, tell me about you." I said in my flirty voice.

" Well I just moved to this area from Tennessee, so I need a job, I graduated from UTI in PA at the top of my class about a year and a half ago. So all my certifications are still valid and I have hundreds of hours of on the-job experience." He said proudly, even puffing his chest out.

            After mentally rolling my eyes I say ,"No need to get cocky", I then smile and look up at him through my lashes. " OK so since it's the weekend tomorrow, you can start Monday. Lucky for you I open, so you can learn the way we run things, meet me here at 7:30 to start. I'll let Toni know that your a new employee and that you are on a 2 week trial, and he can handle the nasty paperwork. We don't have a dress code but I'm sure you know what's acceptable in the shop and what's not, right... right. So bring your social and license. But other than that can I answer any more questions for ya?"

            He smiled this thousand watt smile that made had butterflies tumbling around my belly and made me very happy that I had said yes to hiring him. Then as the moment pasted he turned on the sexiest smirk that I have ever seen. It actually made my heart race and I felt my hormones jump up a notch. If I wasn't a naturally horny person this would probably raise some questions for me, but as it stands, I don't pay much mind to the feeling. Being a female in this male dominated field there are a lot of sexy men, I've had this feeling once or twice in my day. But the pull that I was trying to push to the back of my mind with the rest of my sex crazed thoughts, was just not cooperating. I ignore it, anyway as he looks down, I feel his eyes go over me. I return the favor and do the same. When I make it back up to his face I notice how his smirk has intensified. I try to block the shiver from going up my spine.

"You are very beautiful," he tells me in a low voice, "your eyes are captivating." I'm completely taken by surprise. The truth in his words shining through his eyes. Good thing I'm professional or else this kid would be mine.

" Hmmm.... It's a good thing you caught me before I got to do the transmission that is next on my list." I motion to the rest of my body, "This is probably the last few minutes I'll be able to see my fingernails." I joked. His eyes did travel my body when I motioned to it. The look he was giving me was sexy as hell.

"I bet your just as sexy then as you are now." I couldn't help the flirtatious giggle that slipped.

            Dominic straightened and I hadn't even realized how close we had gotten to each other. I straightened also and looked up at him as he ask, "Can I get your number?" he sounded hopeful but also sounded like he was trying hard not to let on to that hopefulness.

            I tapped my chin thinking. If I just give it to him then that sets the tone to what might come later. Yeah, I don't need to think this hard over this. He'll work harder for it and that's pretty much it. "I'll think about it, I have to get back out there and do my job. So I'll see you at 7:30 Monday morning." I extend my hand to close our meeting. He looks dumbfounded but recovered quickly, giving me a beautiful smile, shook my hand and said, " Until then gorgeous." He gave me a sly wink and headed out the door.

            I stared after him for a minute then headed back to the shop. Jamie was now working on Mr. Quad's Beemer, giving it an oil change and greasing the barrings. I call out his name and like the simple newbie he is, tried to straighten up and collided with the oil pan above his head. Now that was hilarious. And I expressed just that. I was damn near rolling on the floor with the laughter that was crippling me. He threw a scowl my way and came out from under there and walked over to me. I got a handle on my laughter and was finally able to tell him about Dominic.

"Starting Monday you are officially not the newbie."

"What do you mean?" Really what else would it mean?

I asked just that, "What the hell do you think it means? You know they lie to you in school about there not being any stupid questions. That was a prime example of one." He scowled and I shrugged.

"Is that what was taking you so long in the front? Why didn't Toni come out of the back office?"

"I don't know, when I went to let him know, he just told me to make my best decision and let him know what was going on. So Dominic starts Monday. I'll show him how to open and see what he's got skill-wise, then see where it goes from there."

"Well that's important of you, look who's growing up!" Jamie teased.

The little punk got a nice kidney punch. That was fun.

"Yeah, I guess, but Toni's dealing with all the paperwork and other shit. I want no part of that. I just want to work on the cars. Anyway, I'm going to go let him know what's going on and then I'll be back. So you get back to work." I smile stepping toward the back office.

            Toni was off the phone now and typing away on the computer. He looked up as I came in and looked at me expectantly. I put my butt in the corner and explained what the deal was with Dominic. He thanked me and shooed me. That guy has some nerve. Though it was playful, not the point. So I shot him the finger and turned to leave. As I'm just out of the door, I hear him chuckle.