"Just A Friendly Hug.. Between Two Friends.."

When I woke up the next morning, I wasn't in my room. I looked around and instantly started to freak out. I fell asleep in Nathan's room. My raging thoughts instantly took over my mind.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK LIZ?!

ARE YOU INSANE?!

Wait, you're fully clothed. Good job Liz. I'm proud of you, I guess. 

I looked over at the boy sleeping next to me. He looked cute while he slept.. But not in the way that would make you want to kiss him. No. Not like that. Not at all like that. ANYWAYS...

Nathan had a blanket wrapped around us, and we were lying on the floor. His hair was smashed up against the side of his head, his mouth was opened slightly. He looked kinda funny, I'll admit. His arm was protectively wrapped around my shoulders, preventing me from moving. I shoved him slightly trying to wake him up. 

"Nathan.. Nathan, get up." I said, shoving him. His grip tightened around my shoulder. I shoved him harder. "Nathan!"

His eyes snapped open. He returned back to his vampire form overnight, his dark hair, crimson eyes, and the part that I feared most: his fangs, all present as he yawned. "Yes Liz?"

"Why am I asleep in your room?"

"No idea." He replied, standing up and stretching. "Go get changed. I'm taking you shopping."

I groaned. "Nathan... You really don't have to."

Nathan rolled his eyes. "You spent your own money on me. I'm spending mine on you now. You're getting as much as I got, maybe even more. Now, go. Get dressed. We've got a long day ahead of us." He smiled as he helped me up and gently pushed me out of his room. I laughed. Isn't it funny how you can hate someone, then they later become your best friend? I think it is..

I sighed happily before walking down the hall to my room. The familiar scent of the different perfumes met me as I opened the door. One of the perfume bottles was raised in the air. One of the maids must've been cleaning.

"Hello? Can you become visible?" I asked, curious to see one of our maids.

A small voice replied. "I.. Um.. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to."

I smiled. "I won't tell. Promise."

"O-okay..." The place where she must have been standing shimmered as a girl around my age appeared. "Hi there.. I'm Marney."

I smiled. "Hey. I'm Liz. And, just so you know, whenever you're in my room, you can stay like that. You're pretty, and Nathan needs a girlfriend."

She laughed. "I've overheard him talking.. I think he like someone else.." 

I smiled. "Good. Then maybe he'll leave me alone."

She smiled. "Why? You two are cute together."

I laughed. "Why does everyone say that?"

♦◘♦

Nathan waited outside the dressing room at the mall as I tried on some clothes.

"I want to see what I'm buying you Liz. So come out and show me."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I said, stepping out of the dressing room.

Nathan looked me over once. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not buying you slutty clothes."

I looked down at the outfit I had on. It was a simple plaid shirt and shorts that came to my mid-thigh. "They aren't that short... And it's not slutty. It's fashion."

"I can see too much of your leg, but if you say it's 'fashion'... Fine. I'll buy you them."

I laughed as I hugged him. I had to stand on my toes to be able to wrap my arns around his neck. As we were hugging, a store clerk walked in. What a coincidence. (note the sarcasm)

"Oh, did I interupt something?" She asked, implying to Nathan and I hugging.

"No, we weren't doing anything.." I said, pulling myself away from Nathan. He smiled down at me.

"Just a friendy hug.. Between two friends.. Nothing more." Nathan added.

"Yup." I said, trying not to blush.

The lady laughed. "Of course it was. Your secret's safe with me." She said before leaving.

I looked up at Nathan. "We're just friends. I know it, you know it.."

Nathan nodded. "Let's just finish up in here so we can go to different stores."

♦◘♦

By the end of the day, I swear Nathan had spent too much on me. I had at least 20 bags of clothes and shoes because he insisted on buying me everything I liked. When I protested, he would grab it anyway and refuse to put it back. And if I hear the words "your boyfriend is so good to you" one more time, I'm pretty sure I'll go insane. How many times do I have to say it?!

Nathan

Is

Not

My

Boyfriend.