"It's Just Simply Revenge."

The words stung at my lips. I did NOT love him. He was a total douche bag. I leaned up and whispered in his ear.

"Remember, love is a four letter word.. So is hate."

He turned to look at me. "Oh, it's not real.. It's just simply revenge."

"For what exactly?" I asked, whispering.

Nathan smirked. "You'll understand later babe." He said before doing something I never wanted him to. I pushed his lips off of mine. 

"N-no!" I said a bit too loudly. I silently cursed myself, we were a 'couple'. "Not in public baby!" I plastered a fake smile on my face as I pushed him hard.

The principal smiled at us. "It's no problem. We weren't even paying attention to you two.." He laughed a hearty chuckle. I gave a weak smile before turning back to Nathan.

"Really? You kiss me?" I whispered.

He smirked. "Yeah. We're a couple, are we not?"

I rolled my eyes. "We are at school. This isn't school yet."

"Just you wait until school starts. Then we'll be a couple, and you'll beg for it to be reality."

"I'm not taking this 'couple' thing outside of school Nathan." I replied, avoiding his eyes, which were a deep shade of green.

Nathan cupped my cheek with his hand and turned my face towards him. "You sure?" He asked before kissing me softly. I tried to pull away. "No," he mumbled. "kiss me back. It'll look believable."

I was hesitant, but I complied. It was short, and I pulled away quickly and glanced over at Jay. I knew he had heard everything Nathan said, and he looked back at me with concern. I mouthed the words Talk to me at home. He nodded and turned back to the principal.

"Well, Elizabeth and Nathaniel, I have your schedules here, if you'd like to start Monday?" The principal said, implying that we'd start school after the weekend.

I nodded and reached for my schedule, Nathan did the same. We compared our schedules. 

'Elizabeth Conlin:

First Period: Photography

Second Period: European History

Third Period: Trigonometry

Fourth Period: Latin III

Fifth Period: Lunch

Sixth Period: English

Seventh Period: AP Biology

Eighth Period: Civil Communications'

'Nathaniel Robertson:

 First Period: Photography

Second Period: European History

Third Period: Trigonometry

Fourth Period: Latin III

Fifth Period: Lunch

Sixth Period: English

Seventh Period: AP Biology

Eighth Period: Civil Communications'

I sighed. I had every class with him. Fabulous (note the sarcasm). Nathan looked over at my schedule and grinned. "Would you look at that! We have every class together babe!" I faked a smile as he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me. It was the most awkward hug I'd ever had. It was nothing like a hug from Jay. Jay would make you feel as if he could melt away your problems.. It was nothing like even a hug from Tom.. It was just... Weird. So was kissing him. It just didn't feel right.

I don't know if it was because I was willing myself to dislike him or what, but me and Nathan had no spark whatsoever. To be honest, it was like kissing my brother. You can all shudder now at the thought of kissing your brother. Just imagine it. Yup. You see my point. Not only is it disgusting (unless your brother is awesome, hot, and not your brother), but you'd never want to do it in front of your friends. You see my dilemma.

♦◘♦

We got back home and I sat down Nathan and Jay for a little chat.

"You said that he should be my boyfriend?!" I yelled at Jay. I would never yell at Jay, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

"I thought it would keep you safer!" He replied, standing up, looking concerned. "I know I should've talked it over with you first. I'm sorry."

I couldn't stay mad at Jay. I just couldn't. "I-it's alright.. I just have another idea."

Nathan sat up. "And what might that be?"

I laughed. "I'm not telling you. I need to talk it over with my dad first." I smiled, and looked up at Jay and he nodded.

♦◘♦

Jay sat down on my bed. "So, what are you thinking, kid?"

I laughed slightly. "Well, people don't have to know that Nathan and I live together. We have every class together, so he can still keep an eye on me, and maybe I can take him shopping for a new wardrobe...?"

Jay laughed. "Yes, you can get him some new clothes. He needs some anyway. His fashion choice sucks."

I nodded in agreement. "Tell Nathan that he needs to get ready.  We have a lot of shopping to do."

♦◘♦

I pulled Nathan around the mall, laughing at the faces he made, trying to impress girls. He'd try to shake off my hand, but I would grab it and wave to the girls he'd be staring at.

"What the hell Liz?" He'd ask every time I did it.

"You need to focus. Those girls don't want you. You're a dorky 15-year-old. We're making you cool." I'd reply.

I dragged him into different stores, make him try on things... And we'd actually laugh with each other, like we were friends. Maybe we were friends, I don't know... Nathan and I were almost friends. Occasionally, he'd even reach for my hand, and smile down at me.  He'd even whisper things to me about how he was having fun... 

By the end of the day, I had figured out that Nathan was going for the bad boy look. It kinda worked for him too.. He pushed his hair up slightly, making him look older, but he kept the 15-year-old look. His closet was soon filled with leather jackets, black jeans, and graphic t-shirts. I heard him laugh as I began to organise his closet. I turned to face him.

"What?" I asked as he smiled down at me.

"You're such a perfectionist, Liz."

I smiled back at him. "Shut up Nathan. Just hand me more of your stuff."

Nathan laughed as he handed me jeans. "You know, I could've paid for my stuff."

I shook my head. "No, it was my treat."

"Well, then I'll have to take you shopping to make up for it." He took my hand and pulled me into a hug. It was less awkward than the first one, but it still didn't feel right.

"Nathan, you really don't have-"

"I want to." He smiled. "And, I want to be friends."

I smiled. This was a good start for us.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hi guys! I'm uploading twice again today! Could we get ten comments on these as a combined total for the next part? Please???