Chapter 5

Okay, so the line dancing scene in this chapter is inspired by the new version of the movie Footloose. Not gonna lie, I learned the dance and it is so much fun. I dont know if I should be embarrassed by that or not. But if anyone else wants to learn it there is a video on youtube and I'm posting the line dance movie scene here! Enjoy!!!

***

Chapter 5

When Saturday night finally rolled around, I stood staring at my closet blankly. Nothing looked remotely close to something that you would wear line dancing. Hell, I had no clue. One thing New Yorkers do not own is line-dancing clothes.

I sighed and picked up my phone. “Sophie?” I asked pleadingly when she picked up.

“Need some help?” She guessed.

“Yes! What the hell am I supposed to wear?” panic was setting in and spreading like wild fire.

“Just put on some skinny jeans and I’ll be over in a minute. What shoe size are you?” I gave her the information she wanted and, true to her word, she was over in a minute’s time huffing and puffing.

“Soph, you didn’t have to run here.” I laughed.

“Are you kidding?!” She looked at me incredulously. “I don’t know if I have ever been more excited!” She held a pair of her leather cowboy boots. “You’re going country for the night!”

I bit back a groan and smiled weakly at her. “Yay!” I hope like hell she didn’t hear that my enthusiasm was completely fake.

Thirty minutes later and I stood gaping at the mirror staring at the two of us. We looked… hot. That was probably the best word for it. Drop-dead sexy works too. Who knew I would be saying that about my so called ‘country bumpkin’ makeover? Not me.

My skinny jeans hugged my toned legs like a second skin and they were tucked into reddish brown leather cowboy boots, which I was actually starting to really like. On top I was wearing a pink and green stripped bustier top that showed a couple inches of flat stomach. The effect was sweet and innocent, but still sexy and fun. My hair was down with loose curls hanging long past my shoulders.

For Sophie, it took some convincing, but I eventually talked her out of her same t-shirt and baggy jeans look. She wore my white Capri pants, which fit her like full length skinny jeans, tucked into her black cowboy boots and a black and white polka dot top that covered a lot more skin than mine did. Her long red hair and was pulled back and curled where it fell down her back.

“Ready to go?” I asked brightly. I still wasn’t feeling too sure about the whole honky-tonk line dancing idea, but now that I looked the part and Sophie had assured me over and over again that there was a whole group of people going, I figured I might as well make the most of my night. Besides, it had been a long time since I’d done any kind of dancing (I do not count cheerleading) and I was starting to miss it.

I’ve liked every different kind of dancing I’ve tried. Latin was probably my favorite and I probably would guess that line dancing is about as far away from that as you could get, but I doubted that mattered. The only time I didn’t like to dance was when I tried to do it competitively. It had sucked all the fun out something I really loved.

“Yeah…” Sophie looked worriedly at the mirror.

“You look great. Let’s go.” I grabbed her arm and started dragging her without waiting for her reply.