Chapter 3 || Lies

Everyone wants happiness, no one wants pain, but you can't make a rainbow without a little rain  

Chapter 3 : Lies

I look out of the broken window in the kitchen. I wonder how it feels to be free and not kidnapped in your house by a monster. I'm alone in this huge house, Ryder is out at the moment, don't know where but I bet getting drunk again as usual.

I stare at the kitchen, hmm what should I make? Something that Ryder will like, something that will make him soft towards me. Maybe I can ask alpha, but wait what if I ask him, and then he would ask me things back. What do I do, I want to tell someone else about my situation like I want to tell Luna the truth, as she is so sweet to me, but it can cause problems. God, I think too much.

My mind battles with dilemma until I finally figure out what I should do. I grab my telephone and dial in Alpha's number. I place the phone beside my right ear, my left ear has lost a bit of its hearing, and the pack doctor says it will take a year to heal. Which sucks because If I hear a piercing noise, my ears will shriek in severe pain.

"Hello, My boy Ryder!" He cheers. I take a deep breath, trying to speak.

"H – Hi it's me, Rosella" I mumble dryly.

"Oh Rosella, How are you dear" I could sense he is smiling at the other end. Justin is always sweet and the first day I met him he treated me like his sister.

"I am good, you?" A smile tugs on my lip.

"I am great, you want to speak with Faith?"

"No, No I would like to ask you something."

"Sure, what's up?"

"Uh, what is Ryder's favorite dessert? He won't tell me anything because he doesn't like it how I always cook for him you know him. So caring" I exaggerate.

"Haha, well. When his mother was alive, she would always cook him 'Eton Mess' one of our countries famous dessert." I gulp at the part when he says his mother used to be alive. Ryder never introduced me to anyone in his family. I can't believe I didn't know about his mother, even though I hold an enormous grudge for him I know there is something in him that is light, and soft. A soft Ryder, I know it. Difficult to believe but maybe he can change.

"Thanks so much" I try to cheer. With that, I hang up and get cooking. However, what can it be? There has to be something, something that will allow me to realize who Ryder was like in the past.

***

There we go! The masterpiece, I clap my hands removing the imaginary dust off. I quickly put the dessert in the fridge and start cleaning. Ryder will be back home in eight hours, the thought of that made me shiver as if an earthquake just struck. Thinking of Ryders 'treat time' makes my skin go in.

Now all that is left is to go to Ryder's room and look for clues. Once I cleaned up, I run upstairs. I stand in front of his door, half of me tells me not to open the door while the other half claims I should. I reach towards the cold door knob; my hands trembled as I twist it open. I open the door slowly and step inside the room where I always get beaten up.

The room sends me the smell of death, causing me to shiver. I walk over his soft carpet; the room is perfectly clean. As if nothing ever happens here. "Search Time" I whisper. I run towards the cupboards opening them up, each of them I open has nothing inside of them. Strange, I kneel down, "ow" I squirm myself under the bed. My eyes catch a huge big box.

I dug my hands under the bed and pulled out the box. The box is pretty long and big. It seems old as it is dusty and it has "Ryder's Property" with white paint written on it. Now, I do not know if I should look in, or forget about it. I sigh and stand up walking towards his cupboards where he hides his keys. I grab the keys and try multiple of them.