Chapter #1

Chapter #1: Peyton Hills

For Dad. Thanks for always pushing me to finish this book. 

Rest in Peace

PSA: Please do not contact me regarding translations, reposts, or anything of that sort about my book. I will NOT post it elsewhere. I will NOT give you approval to rewrite or repost or translate. DO NOT copy this book elsewhere or I will go to extremes necessary. I am happy with having my book JUST ON WATTPAD.

A/N: I wrote this when I was 14 going on 15. I am 19 now. Read at your own risk. My skills get better in the 2nd book. There are plot mistakes, some timeline errors, but that's because Wattpad in 2013 wasn't over analysed to every inch of every book like it is these days. It WAS NOT as serious as it is now. So READ AT YOUR OWN DAMN RISK. I wrote this when I was a sad, heart broken young teenager and now I am an adult so do not give me criticism on something I wrote LITERALLY yeaaaars ago.

That being said. This book is still very good. Very cute. It was so different from any other book on Wattpad, especiaally back in 2013/14. After this book I swear "bad boy" type books just came out of nowhere. Those were the good times. Now, in 2017, there's obviously better. But still.. It doesn't have 4m + reads for nothing ;) enjoy, beautiful creatures! W/ Love, Diana - June 2017 

***

Blaaaacch.

"Peyton why are you throwing up?!" my mom shouts at me from the outside of the bathroom door.

"I think I caught the flu mom," I lied, scrunching up my face in hopes that my lie would go unnoticed.

I definitely did not go to a wild party last night at Daniel's house and get wasted out of my mind... On a Sunday. Note the sarcasm. Here I lay, on the cold tile floor of my bathroom, literally throwing up my insides. I've never had such a bad throbbing head ache before, and being hung over on a school day wasn't the greatest idea. I felt guilty and irresponsible, I knew better, but of course I did not do better.

"Oh God, you don't have to go to school if you don't want to hun!" she grimaces, looking in the toilet. I close my eyes.

"Nah, I think I'll be okay," I smile in triumph, flushing the toilet and gurgling some water in my mouth.

I quickly grabbed some toothpaste and nearly swallowed the whole tube because I needed it so bad. I rinsed my mouth out, I turning off the running tap and pulling off my tight clothes from the night before. I turned the hot water on and stepped into my shower, letting the warm water loosen my muscles. Within seconds, I was wrapping myself in a towel, running over to my closet.

I still had a throbbing headache as I tugged at all my clothes, struggling to find a proper outfit. One that was socially acceptable- of course. Although I felt like a mess, I really did not want to look like one.

I manage to grunt, stub my toe on the corner of my wall and trip on some flip flops as I attempted to put on my shorts. I could feel the heat of the sun warming my skin through the window, and I already felt sweaty. I felt refreshed now that my stomach was empty, and I had no rush of vomiting. I mentally thanked the every single God in the book, and pull over a plain white tank top while shoving on my black converse. I managed to hop down the stairs without cracking my head open and make my way to the kitchen alive. It felt like I just partook in a part of the Maze Runner. By the time I reached the kitchen, I was hardly breathing.

I never really ate breakfast in the mornings, ever since I was a kid. Breakfast always seemed to make me sick so I rarely ate it, I felt better off without it. My mom stood by the stove as she ran the whisk through the yellow eggs in the bowl. Her short blonde her was straightened, standing short at the back and longer at the front. My dad stood behind her, leaning his head in the crook of her neck and whispered; what I'm guessing something cheesy, into her ear. Seeing my parents this happy almost every morning made me, really happy. I wish some day I can have a relationship like theirs. I giggled silently.