Chapter 14: The End and A new Beginning

I was sitting in her room looking at her. She had been in coma for about 2 days now. "Well...her lung was missed by 1 inch...Lucky huh" the doctor said looking at his clipboard. "Yeah" I said tiredly ...I hadn't slept at all since what happened. "She's going to be just fine..." He smiled then walked out. I turned on the television to watch the news and saw the headlines. "Missing Children returned" ,"Saviors : Annika Kane and Johnathan Bird", "Should we worry about witchcraft and the dark arts in our town now?" . I sighed and got up, looking out the window to see news casters and crowds of people out there. "Hey you ass..." I heard a weak voice behind me. I turned. "Next time you try to kill me make sure you know where you're putting the damn knife " Annika looked over at me. I went over and grabbed her hand tightly. "I ought to get pay back after this..." she got up a bit. "you!? What about me I thought I killed you!" I had tears falling down my face. She wiped them, "Don't start getting all sappy" she turned away. "There are lots of people out there" I sat there head back. "I know...If they know then the council knows...That means we might be in deep" She sighed. 

I closed my eyes but opened them. "Hey...How did you get me out?" I looked over at her. "Don't you dare even ask" she said slightly disgusted.

That day we both were released. "Ms.Kane, Mr.Bird. What do you have to say about the sacrifices that you and the police have stopped!" one reporter yelled. Annika looked at her and simply said, "Lady We just finished almost dying..let us rest." Annik walked on with me. We got to the squad car but was met with Phil handing us a letter. "You two are in deep shi-" he was cut off by Annika. "Yeah yeah Philip just take us ok" she closed her eyes and held my hand tightly. He started the car and drove us to the station where they were. "Annika, Jonathan..Have a seat" Lockwood said seriously. We sat. "You have made our world a spectical to the normal world..You have put not only yourselves but the task force and the children at risk....We asked you to keep this as your title..COVERT" Vidia scolded. "You do know the punishment , right" Dredd piped in. Annik sighed. "Yes....Just look...you can kill me or whatever but Johnathan was dragged in....Leave him be please..." She looked down. "That's not what we were going with this at all" Lockwood looked at both Dredd and Vidia as if they were conjoined twins. "Annika, Johnathan..We were going to say we are promoting you to our ranks..." Lockwood said as he slid two ahnks over. 

"What?" Annik looked up. "Your work together has shown us that you two have great potential .." Lockwood smiled. "So..We..We're highs or?" She sputtered. "Well you qualify for Ancient blood...Your medical records show it" Vidia said looking through papers. Dredd looked dumbfounded. Annik and I looked at each other. She teared up and clung to me tightly. "Oh my god this is ...I can't..Johnathan I think imma pass out again" she gripped my jacket. I held her tightly. "Welcome to the Top you two" Lockwood smiled. We came home where her family was sitting, they all were ahnked due to family line. Everything was ok now.....Her and I were beat . "Johnathan...You're a dork but I couldn't have asked for anyone else to solve this case with" she said softly as we stared at the fire in the fire place. "You are a stubborn tough stuff kid..but you opened my eyes to so much...I wouldn't have asked for anyone better" I messed her hair up. She smiled softly and leaned on me. 

* 3 years later*

"Uh Mr.Bird how exactly do you know when you have done an exorcism right?" 

"Have you done any lately?" 

"How do you feel about witchcraft after the Order of Styx case?" 

"Ladies and Gentlemen I think the real question to ask him is if he has any Bactine" Her voice came from the back of the seminar room. I turned as saw her walk through the aisle. "Hey Johnny Bird" she smiled softly. "Annik what are you doing here?" I asked pushing my hair back. "We got a new job loser..." she handed me a purple and black envelope and went close to my ear. "Pack for a few years..Oh...and I suggest you brush up on your Japanese" She whispered and held my hand. I Smiled softly. "We meet with the council tomorrow and for the next two days...Don't hold up" she looked up at me. "I won't " I smiled . 

To Be Continued.