Chapter 1 -I'm In Love

Zayn's POV

I spent less time unpacking than I did packing. A day less. It was always easier to unpack than to pack.

Tomorrow was my first day at a new school. This will be just great. I thought in a sarcastic tone.

***

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing. I pressed the snooze button and turned it off.

***

In the course of an hour, I got a shower, got dressed in my old red and black varsity jacket, black skinny jeans, and black converse, ate breakfast, got my stuff, and caught the bus.

I sat in the first empty seat I saw. I received some strange stares, but I didn't care. It was the first day for me in the middle of the school year.

I had brought my MP3 with me because I couldn't live without my music. I turned it on and went straight to 'Artists.' I scrolled my list until I found 'Evanescene.' I went straight to the song 'Breathe No More.'

It was a really awesome song. The bus picked up a few more kids, and they all sat with their friends, except for one boy. He had blond hair and bright blue eyes. He wore a blue hoodie with black skinny jeans and black VANS. His lip was busted wide open, gushing blood. I would've asked him if he was alright, but he walked right by me. I had a feeling that wouldn't be the last time I would see him.

***

I arrived at school. I went straight to the principal's office.

"Principal Ronnie Radke?" I asked.

"Yes. Who might you be?" asked a man in suspenders. I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing,

"I'm Zayn. Zayn Malik." I said.

"Ah, yes. Your mother spoke with me on the phone." And how the hell was I supposed to know that? I thought.

"Anyways, I don't where to go. I need a schedule and maybe a locker."

"Well that's weird. I thought I sent it to your mother." he said, going through some papers on his desk. That explains it all. I thought.

"Really?" I asked, trying to be a good boy. "It must have gotten mixed up in the mail."

"Must have. Well, I found a copy," he said, handing me some papers, "That has your locker number and combination and your schedule."

"Thanks." I said, leaving his office. I closed the door with a smirk on my face. That principal looked ridiculous in those suspenders. This school is gonna be fun.

I went to my first class. I had Mr. Kian Lawley for math.

I found his room after about ten minutes. I walked in and got some more odd stares. I saw the blond boy from the bus in the back of the room.

"Are you my new student, Zayn Malik?" asked some guy who looked like a hippie rather than a high school teacher.

"That depends. Are you Mr. Lawley?"

"Indeed, I am." God, this dude could use a breath-mint!

"Well, then I am your new student."

"Take the seat beside Mr. Horan." he pointed to the seat beside Nameless Horan.

I took out a sheet of paper and wrote on it. 'So do you have a first name or do I just keep calling you Nameless Horan?' I handed it to him when the teacher wasn't looking. He wrote down something and handed it back to me. 'Niall' was all it said.

'Well Niall as you already know I'm Zayn. So are you gonna explain to me about that busted lip of yours?'

'No I don't wanna talk about it. Why are you so interested in me?'

'Come on! Tell me! You can trust me I promise!' I didn't know why I was so interested in him, but I really was.

'Zayn I appreciate you trying to be nice to me but I know that won't last.'

'Why's that?'

'I'm gay...'

'So...?'

'? You aren't gonna call me a fag or beat me up or laugh?'

'Listen Niall I don't judge people... Ik how difficult it is to be different... I'd never do any of those things...'

'You're different aren't you?'

'Ya and alone... I haven't had the ideal life...'

'Give me your schedule.' I handed it to him.

'All the same classes... Great!'

Just then, the door of Mr. Lawley's room opened. A boy with semi-long, chocolate brown hair rushed in. He wore a blue, black, and white flannel shirt, blue jeans, and blue converse.

"Mr. Lawley, I'm sorry I'm late." he apologized.

"Just glad you decided to join us, just like you'll be joining me in detention, Mr. Payne."

He mumbled something under his breath and sat in his seat right in front of me.

He made about three seconds of eye-contact with me. I fell in love with his chocolate brown eyes.

When he turned away, he turned to sit beside a girl with black hair that reached about under her shoulder-blades, and she took his hand in his. I got so pissed.

That bitch is holding hands with my man! I thought. I took the piece of paper Niall and I were writing on.

'Slap me now!'

Niall shot me a confused look.

'Why?'

'I saw him holding hands with that girl and got so mad.'

'Why?'

'I think I'm in love with him...' I wrote it down, and I knew it was true.