Chapter One.

* Kayla and Mom in MM *
Kayla's POV

We loaded the last of my bags in the car and I hugged my daddy and my brother. I rubbed Tigers belly and kissed his forehead. I climbed into the truck and waited for my mother to follow suit. We were on our way to California for my send off my first semester as a college freshman was about to start and nervous wasn't even the word for what I was feeling at the moment. I was excited and scared at the same time , more scared because this is my first time away from my family and on my own but I'm excited about starting my new life as an adult. I was 18 now and full of life I would miss Darius terribly but we decided we wouldn't let the distance break us up so we are gonna do the long distance thing other than not having my man and my best friend I think college will be perfect. My mom climbed in the car and buckled up she held up the snack bag and I laughed I think of everyone I would miss her the most she was seriously my biggest supporter for my whole life.

" And we are off !" She laughed and pulled the car out of the driveway she honked and my brother and father waved us off. I turned on the radio and Justin Bieber started playing my mom started singing and I snapped her.

" Are you exited nugget ? You are about to start life as a college freshman in California I don't think the west coast is ready "

" I am nervous and excited at the same time mom, I hope I get along with my roommate because I would hate to live with someone that I couldn't stand. I am not that worried about the school work because you know the smarts come naturally too me , I am a little worried about cheerleading try outs because i am a freshie and they have all already established relationships and what not over the years. "

" You have been head cheerleader for 6 years running baby and on top of that you have 4 national championships under your belt they will love you and if they don't they are losing out. As for the roommate situation you are both freshman which means neither of you know anyone of campus so the friendship will start with just the comfort of each other trust me that's how me and Mel met we were college roomies and look at us now all these years later and still friends."

That made me feel much better about everything , we had a long ride ahead of us and I got barely NO sleep last night so I was exhausted my mom gave me the really you wanna sleep look but I couldn't keep my eyes open I told her when I woke up we could switch and I would drive. I put my headphones in and closed my eyes , before falling asleep I took a picture sent it to Darius and said Miss You Already. I fell asleep maybe 10 minutes later I must have slept for hours because when I woke up the sun was staring to set.

" Mom why didn't you wake me I know you are tired let's pull over get food and I'll drive the rest of the way sound good ?"

She nodded and smiled we pulled into the gas station rest stop and she went to pee and get food while I pumped the gas. My phone buzzed and it was Darius texting me back

My King🔐😻:
I already miss that pretty little face of yours , my parents just dropped me off and now I'm settling in , promise to FT me as soon as you settle in ?
Me 💜:
You know I am babe it's at the top of my list and I miss those pretty little lips of yours. I love you D.
My King 🔐😻:
I love you more Princess remember don't smile at any guys they'll fall in love !
Me💜:
I Am happy at home so don't you worry 🔐💜.

I laughed to myself and put the phone in my pocket , I finished pumping the gas and climbed behind the wheel my mom came back with food and more snacks this is why I love her she climbed in and we pulled off. I connected my phone and played Pandora Chris brown started playing and I sang along not even 10 minutes into the drive my mother was climbing into the backseat so she could sleep. 20 minutes later she was quietly snoring . I turned the radio down some and sang with Chris brown about 3 hours later we finally pulled up to the college there were people everywhere. My mom climbed out of the car and stretched I started searching for my dorm hall I finally found it and we started unpacking the bags. When we got to the room the other side was already nice and unpacked so she must already be here the room was much bigger than I expected it to be I put the bags down and my mother followed behind I went to grab some other bags and someone walked up behind me

" Wassup Mama ? You need some help with your bags ?"

I turned around and instantly recognized the guy standing in front of me , it was Desean Jackson a wide receiver for the football team. He was cute I won't lie but his reputation was just trash.

" No I got it thank you though " I moved my hair behind my shoulders and grabbed the last couple bags

" See you around ms independent " he licked his lips and walked away with his boys , my mother saw him when she was waking back to the car

" Ooh Kay he's cute who's he ?"

" No mom moving on he's bad news and I'm with Darius you know that ."

" I know Nugget but he was cute "

I rolled my eyes and laughed we walked back to my room and my mother hugged me I knew she was gonna cry I had already prepared.

" My baby ain't a baby no more , she's a big girl now be good babe be safe have fun and just be you don't change for anyone I love you we love you we are only a call away if you need us."

I was crying and she didn't have a single tear she wiped my eyes and kissed my forehead I hugged her one last time and she walked away I turned the radio on and started unpacking my stuff this was the beginning of my next four years of life.