Our New Life

Next chapter finally! I'm sorry, but I had writer's block and I was caught up in some of my other stories, sooo yeah. i dedicated this chapter to laura0703 because she helped me with this chapter!

Chapter Three

I stared at Trevor, holding back the tears I spat, "So what are you? His mutant side kick?"

Trevor barked a laugh, "Close, I am the most powerful absorbeur de puissance." Power Absorber. They aren't exactly Demons, they are just cursed wizards. If you fight them with witch magic, they absorb it and use it against you. The only way to beat a Power Absorber is by using a special kind of arrow that I had sitting at home.

My heart just about shattered. Once you are cursed by the poison and turned into a Power Absorber, it is nearly impossible to feel. No wonder he doesn't look at me with love, his love was replaced with hatred. I thought sadly.

I looked up at the monster who changed my love into a killing machine. Anger boiled throughout me. I knew it wasn't good to fight angry, but I couldn't help it. I summoned fire and threw it at Will. He jumped up and it slid from under him.

"Now, now. Don't fight angry, little sis." Will warned with a smirk.

I shot ice  to his head but he dodged it quickly. I threw blow after blow and he just dodged them. Soon enough, I was on my knees, completely worn out. Melinda started throwing surges of Power at him, but she collapsed and her eyes drifted shut. I prayed that they wouldn't be shut forever. I looked up at my brother who had a smirk of victory plastered on his ugly face.

His black eyes flickered to Melinda. Will shifted and he became a cloud of smoke. The smoke turned into colors and the colors formed figures. It was Melinda, hanging from a tree, her lifeless face staring at something in horror. I felt weakness surge through me. He had found my new greatest fear. Melinda's death.

I cried out and threw lightning around the room, trying to hit Will. Instead I hit Trevor. He stumbled slightly and then smiled. He held out his hand and lightning flickered in his hand. Will shifted back and I fell forward. Trevor raised his hand to shoot the lightning back at me. Will stopped him.

"Don't. I want to finish her off." Will said and walked up to me. My eyelids fluttered as he kicked my ribs. I groaned in pain. "You should have been dead, three hundred years ago."

I put my hand up and tried magic but nothing happened. Will slapped them away and grabbed me by the neck. He shoved me against the wall and I felt the life in me slipping away from me. I gasped for the breath that wasn't there.

Then, the unexpected happened. Lightning flashed throughout the cave and Will loosened his grip and fell to the floor. He wasn't dead, but he was knocked out. I looked around and my eyes landed on Trevor whose angry eyes were on Will. "Trevor?" And then I fainted.

"Anastasia? C'mon, please. Squeeze my hand if you can hear me." A voice pleaded. I tried to force my hand to squeeze the hand that was holding mine.

"How do I know you aren't playing some trick?" A female voice demanded. "You were trying to kill her at the beginning and now you want her to live?"

"Will had placed many spells on me. I was confused and when I saw the life slipping away from her, I knew that I still loved her." My eyes fluttered when I heard him say this. I opened them slightly and saw Trevor kneeling next to me, an his face above me. I glared at him and threw the air at him so he flew ten feet in the air. I rolled to the side and jumped to my feet, waiting for the fight. It didn't come. I looked around to see Melinda laughing.

"What?" I asked, my voice hoarse.

"No, I just thought that was pretty funny." She said and giggled in her hand.

"Okay, I guess I deserved that." Trevor said.

"Hell yeah! You deserve more than that." I shouted at him. Throwing air, fire, and ice at him. He absorbed it in his hand. "One second your fighting over who gets to kill me and then the next you say that you love me? Stupid men." I muttered and stopped fighting him. I looked around again and saw we were on Gallow's Hill. The cave is below us.

"Don't worry, I put a spell on the door so he won't be getting out of there for a while. Unfortaneatly, I'm not as strong as you so it won't last as long." Mel said.

"Hmmm." I closed my eyes. "Heaven to Hell, j'appelle les morts. J'appelle Brigitte Bishop pour une dernière réunion." From Heaven to Hell, I call upon the dead. I summon Bridget Bishop for one last meeting. I chanted two more times. And a pentagram glowed in the grass and a light shined. I covered my eyes until I heard a voice.

"Anastasia."

"Bridget." I breathed.

"What do you need, Darling?" She asked.

"Your help. I need you to join me in a trapping spell." I said.

Bridget smiled, "I'm glad you thought of me to help you."

She held out her ghostly hand and I cautiously took it. I have never done a spell with the dead before. The spell is magnified and the living witch will be drained of most of her power. "Verrouiller le prisonnier aussi longtemps que le temps le permet." Lock the prisoner as long as time allows. We chanted until a pentagram was engraved in the wood of the door.

Bridget said good bye and I took a deep breath and almost collapsed. Trevor grabbed me and helped me. "C'mon. Let's get back to your place and hit the road."

I nodded and we headed for an airport because Mel and I were too tired to teleport. We hopped on a flight with Trevor's "pocket money" and left for New York. Mel and I took naps on the plane and when we landed we rushed to my apartment. I put a spell on a black back pack so it was bottomless. I put all of my spell books and potions in the back along with my demon hunting gear. I also grabbed the special arrow that can harm Power Absorbers.

Once I was packed I threw the bag on my back. I walked over to my dog, Caleb, who looked up at me with sad eyes. Tears welled up in my eyes, I snapped my fingers and he was gone. I sent him to the local pet adoption center. I sniffed and looked at Melinda and Trevor. Trevor held my hand and we walked out of the building and into our new life, on the run.

I hope you liked it! Sorry it took so long to upload and sorry that its short. I'm thinking about doing Trevor's POV but haven't decided yet... The picture on the right is of Bridget Bishop's grave...On that note.... Comment! Vote! Fan!

Hugs,

Sabiluvsya