Chapter 5

A/N- IM SORRY I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN LIKE WEEKS. BUT HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER FINALLY.  So there are probably a lot of grammar mistakes because I just wrote this quickly so sorry about those!

OH AND PICTURE OF THEM ON THE SIDE HAHAHAAHHA. its ashley benson and niall horan. i dont even know but theyre both like pretty/good looking and blonde with blue eyes so BAM!

Monday, I thought while laying down on my bed at 6:30 AM. Monday is when Ryan is supposed to be back to school. We've been texting each other like crazy the past few days and even started using a lot of smiley and winky faces! 

I finally get off my bed to eat a little bit of breakfast before leaving in 20 minutes when my mom calls me, "Emma! There's some boy waiting for you in the living room!" I stop in my tracks shocked.

My mom meets me halfway up the stairs and gives me a stern look before whispering, "Who is that boy? Is that your boyfriend and how does he know where we live?!"

She kept asking me questions before I finally cut her off to ask her a question. "Mom, who is it? What does he look like?"

Her expression turns into a little tiny smile. "Well, he's very handsome and has an accent but I don't know where it's from."

I don't know whether to frown or smile. I think I just had a blank and shocked face because then my mom looked at me concerned.

"What's wrong sweetie? Isn't he your boyfriend?"

I look at her with hopeless eyes. "No. He's just a friend." I say quite too aggressively. I knew I hurt my mother by being so rude about it but I just walked downstairs where he was sitting on our couch.

"Uh hey Ryan." I say loud enough for him to hear.

He looks back towards the end of the staircase where I'm standing and smiles. My belly turns upside down and I find myself smiling back at him.

"Hey." he says now getting up from the couch. He slowly makes his way over to me and my heart is pounding a billion beats per second. 

"Sorry for coming here without asking. I just wanted to ask if you wanted a ride to school."

A lump formed in my throat and I was desperate for water. I swallowed down the lump before answering too shyly, "Oh yeah that's fine. And uh sure, I'd love a ride."

He smiles and I hear my mom and dad walking down the stairs until they reach us. 

"Hello." My dad says while offering his hand toward Ryan for a handshake. "I'm Emma's father but you can call me Frank. And what's your name?"

Ryan shook my fathers hand like it was no big deal and answers confidently, "Hello Frank. I'm Ryan, Emma's friend." He says with a big smile on his face obviously trying to kiss up to my parents. My father looks pleased.

"Well then, have some breakfast with us! There's still about 15 minutes before you guys have to leave for school anyway." My dad offers. My stomach drops. What? Breakfast with Ryan and my parents together?! This day couldn't get... wait.. is this a good thing or a bad thing that my parents and Ryan have met? I was getting a little headache so I push the thought aside and smile at Ryan before walking into the kitchen following my parents.

We all sit down to the usual, pancakes and bacon. My mom and dad start digging in first and Ryan doesn't look uncomfortable at all. He just grabs some pancakes and bacon then hands me the plate as if he were already a part of the family which makes me so happy. God he is so hot right now.

We all finish eating and still have a tiny bit of time to spare. I obviously only ate one pancake and 2 bacon this time because I didn't want to look fat in front of the boy I like.