Rage is Good . . . Right?

Jordan's POV

Shitshitshitfuckshitfuckfuckfuckgoddamnitshitshitfuck!!!!!!! That was the only thing running through my head as I was dragged towards the noose. Do something! Say something! You're going to die! My mind screamed at me. Shut up, not helping! I yelled back at myself. God, I was as crazy as my brother. Not the most comforting thought when I was about to die. That line of thought brought me back to my current predicament.

The soldiers dragged me kicking and screaming up the stairs of the platform. Once at the top, the bound my hands behind my back after I punched one of the guards in the face. Another soldier, one who seemed to be in charge if his fancy clothes were anything to go by, took his place near me and my set of guards.

"You have been found guilty of conspiring with the known pirate, Jack Sparrow. Therefore, according to the law, you shall be hung by the neck until dead. Do you have anything to say in your defense?" The soldier, though I suppose it would be more accurate to call him an officer, even sounded pretentious.

Do something, anything! It's your last chance! I told myself. Well, here goes nothing. And so the waterworks began.

I began to sob loudly, letting the tears of frustration and anger and fear run down my face. I lowered my face and allowed my shoulders to shake as I sagged against the soldiers holding me. Apparently crying was not the answer the officer expected, or the soldiers, for they were all stunned.

"P-Please," I sobbed, letting my breath hitch in my throat. I raised my head to stare imploringly at the officer. "Please d-don't. Please d-don't k-kill me." I sobbed, trying to make myself sound as frightened and young as possible.

"I d-didn't want to h-help him, h-he m-made me." I continued, the tears still falling thickly. The officer frowned. "P-Please, they a-attacked our home a-and said one of us m-must join them or my entire f-family would d-die. M-My father is ill and he has n-no sons. I am t-the oldest of h-his four daughters. None of m-my sisters are o-older than ten and my mother had to stay with them, please. P-Please don't k-kill me."

The officer didn't move, staring at me consideringly. I continued to cry, unable to do anything else. Either he accepted my sob story or I was going to die.

"How old are you?" was what he decided to say.

"Sixteen, s-sir." I answered, trying to sound like a well raised, respectable English girl. Ha.

He seemed to consider my answer. I just hope he would reach an actual decision soon, I could only fake cry for so long.

"Bring her to my study, I will question her there."

Relief, cool and sweet, rushed through me. I wasn't in the clear yet, but I'd bought myself some more time.

My hands weren't unbound but the soldiers hustled me off the platform and marched me back through the fort, following the path of the officer. I lost track of the twists and turns we took until we finally came to an extremely rich looking study. I was forced to sit in a chair in front of an opulent desk, the officer sitting in a throne like chair behind the desk while the two soldiers who escorted us stood by the doors. I sat in silence, the occasional tear still running down my face, as the officer examined me.

"What is your name?" was the first thing he asked.

"Alice Shaw." I said, picking the first name I could think of. Now I just had to remember it.

"So, Miss Shaw, you expect me to believe that you, the oldest of four daughters, were conscripted into joining the crew of a pirate ship." the officer finally said. "I thought pirates were superstitious and having a woman on board was bad luck. But this time they just decided a sixteen year old girl was exactly what they need for their crew."

"Jack Sparrow holds no such superstitions, sir." I responded, not having to fake the hate in my voice when I spoke my brother's name. "Though, admittedly, a few of his men do, thus the reason for my appearance. If you doubt me, I will willingly allow a physician or doctor to check for you, sir."

The officer nodded absently. "That won't be necessary, I believe you." I tried not to let my surprise show. "However," he continued, "You will tell me where you live and I shall find a ship that is passing your home so that we may confirm your story."

"Of course sir." I agreed, trying to suppress my rising panic. Then the solution came to me. "I live on the island of Tortuga."

The officers eyebrows rose in shock before they lowered in suspicion.

"Not in the town," I hurried to assure him. "We live on a farm several miles away from there. My father only goes there to sell some of our crops when we have extra and to occasionally buy the things we can't make ourselves. My father is constantly telling us that it isn't a place for us." That part wasn't technically a lie.

The officer nodded to the soldiers behind me who then moved forward to remove the rope around my wrists.

"Know this," the officer said after the soldier retreated back to the door, "If you are lying to us, girl or not, you will be punished."

I nodded my head with a mumbled "Yessir." in reply. The officer nodded and then stood.

"Good. These men will escort you to a room, and I will do my best to find a ship to take you home as soon as possible."

"Thank you sir."

Great. Now all I needed to do was maintain my lying until I managed to get to Tortuga, sneak away from the British Navy, find my brother (again), kill him, and then drag his dead body back to our father. It still counted as bringing him back if he was dead, right?

********Author's Note********

Wow, finally found out what happened to Jordan. 'Bout time too. Over three thousand reads already, thank you so much to all of you. I hope you continue to read and that you continue to enjoy. Please leave any comments, any at all. My ego can use all boosting it's given :) Thanks again xoxoxoxo