[1] skateland

TORI GLARES AT THE ROLLER SKATES on her feet, if she could have any superpower right now, it would be: to laser her roller skates out of existent.

These roller skates had cost Tori much, not only did she ended up getting bruises on her butt every time she falls over her two front feet, sometimes a bit too much falling on her butt in some days, it cost her spilling food and drinks over customers, screamed at by her boss every time she had try to keep her balance but ends up trashing the place, and most importantly, her dignity.

If it wasn't for the fact that Tori was already blaming herself over a accident that had cost her brother's life; she felt like to keep her brother's memory alive, it would mean to get a job at Skateland.

And God, did she sucked at it.

Her co worker and friend, Pamela, grins as she glides over to Tori effortlessly and with grace, confident in her skills of roller skating. Hands behind her back, she spins around Tori in a circle, laughing. "I'm sure you don't have any laser vision, because if you keep glaring at your roller skates like that, there's gonna be a hole sooner or later." Pamela says, laughing as she comes to a stop in front of Tori.

Tori raises her eyes, shooting her a glare before straightening herself and widening her arms so they were stretch out beside her, hands pointing left and right as she stood still, keeping her balance. "Do you know how much I hate these things?" Tori grumbles, motioning to the white roller skates on her feet, the wheels were a light caramel color.

"You complain about it everyday, I think I know how deep your hatred is for the skates." Pamela grins at her, before reaching out and grabbing Tori's hand. Relieved at the idea that she didn't had to stand there alone with no help whatsoever, she leans on her friend and wraps her arm around her waist. "Come on dude, I think you should get out of those roller skates for now." Pamela says, smiling at Tori as she held onto her for dear life, afraid that she'll make a sudden move and go crashing into the ground, taking Pamela with her.

"Please. I don't want to put another ice bag on my butt cheeks again." Tori begs her, tightening her hold around Pamela's waist as they go a little too fast for Tori's liking. Teenagers and kids zoomed past them like bullets, laughing or singing along to the songs overheard from the radio playing, they already knew how to roller skate and Tori, being twenty three, still roller skates like a toddler using the walker. Sad, isn't it?

Pamela throws her head back with laughter, and she squeezes Tori's hand as she leads her off the rolling rink and onto the carpet, they head to the shelves filled with roller skates, waiting to be used. With Pamela's help, Tori takes a shaky seat across from the desk that displayed a couple of roller skates sitting on top, probably already returned to be put back on the shelves. Letting out a relief sigh, Tori bends down and unlaces her roller skates while Pamela stands in front of her.

"So," Pamela starts, reaching into her pocket and taking out a box of gum. She grabs two pieces of gum, shoves the box back into her pocket and unwraps one piece before throwing it into her mouth. She hands Tori the other piece of gum, and Tori gladly takes it after taking off both roller skates from her feet. "How's college treating you?"

"What do you think? I'm running low on coffee, I'm basically broke, and I'm hungry and sleepy all the time. Who the heck knew college was this stressful?" Tori says, shrugging as she pops the gum into her mouth and throws away the wrapping paper.

She grabs her white Converse, which was discharged here a while ago when Tori was forced to put on the roller skates and help out in the rolling rink to tell the kids and teenagers to don't stand by the walls or help a little kid out if they fallen. Expect, Tori didn't do any of those things, she tried to, but she ended up on her butt most of the part.