6: About Last Night

James was all over Nadine as soon as the door closed behind them in his hotel room. She was responding to his kisses like the lioness he knew she was and he could feel the fire spreading through his entire body, overtaking him. He wanted her so damn much.

He led her to the bed, his hands groping her body while they kissed. He couldn't think clearly, all he could think of was having her, being inside her. His conscience was telling him that he was being careless, but then he'd never been the type to think about the consequences. He liked living in the moment, doing what he wanted when he wanted.

YOLO.

He took off his shirt and tossed it aside, while Nadine did the same. She gasped when he cupped her breasts, kissing them, sucking, flicking his tongue. He reached down and hooked up her skirt, pulling down her panties, his fingers entering her sensitive flesh and he felt that she was ready for him. She writhed under his fingers as a soft moan escaped her throat and he claimed her lips again with a hunger he didn't even know he was capable of feeling.

He knew he was moving too fast, but he couldn't help himself. He's never felt like this before... He's never really wanted anyone this bad before and he didn't know how to explain it. All he knew was that some part of him has been waiting for this moment and if he didn't act on it, he might go mad. 

He started taking off his pants, his mind only half-registering that Nadine was pushing against him and had moved over to the side of the bed, sitting up.

"James... no... hindi pwede..."

His hands stopped mid-zip. "What?" He couldn't believe it. Is she serious?

She stood up and James bit his lip to keep from crying out when she covered her beautiful body up with her shirt.

"I can't do this. We can't do this."

Oh, I'm most definitely sure I can.  He could still feel himself pulsing, still aroused, but he turned to Nadine and asked in a small voice, "Why?"

"Magiging komplikado lang. Diba? Hindi pa ko ready. Hindi ko pa kaya." She raked her hands through her hair and all James could think about was digging his hands through her luscious locks while she cried out his name.

No one has ever said no to James Reid before.

It was definitely a first, and he didn't quite know how to react. His body was aching to have her near him again and he sat on the edge of the bed, reaching out to her. She complied by moving towards him and he hugged her at the waist, leaning his head on her stomach like a child. He took a deep breath to calm himself.

"I have to go," she said, removing his arms around her, but James refused to let go.

He didn't want her to leave. He wanted to be with her, any way he can. At the back of his mind, he knew he has never asked this from anybody or allowed anyone to see him all desperate like this, but he went on anyway. "No, no. Stay please. Can you..." he cleared the lump in his throat. "Can you stay with me tonight please?  I promise I'll behave."

Without a word, Nadine nodded and James heart skipped a beat at the thought of being with her for the night, even if it was just to sleep. He pulled up the covers and Nadine stepped in. They faced each other on the bed and Nadine immediately closed her eyes. 

James watched her sleep while he felt something stir deep inside of him, aware that he's never felt this strongly about anyone before, not even Ericka. Nadine was the first woman to make him feel this weak, this vulnerable... and it scared him. She scared him, but it was a good kind of scared, one he was willing to face and overcome. She seemed to have this power over him and he found himself giving in to her will, no questions asked. 

He was a goner.

***

James woke up to the sunlight seeping into the room from the half open curtains to find Nadine all dressed up sitting next to him on the bed, with her iPad open in front of her.

He took a moment to just stare at her. Nadine was bobbing her head up and down, no doubt to the music from her earphones, softly humming the tune. He liked her like this, fresh with no make up, her hair in a loose bun, her eyes smiling, her long slender fingers scrolling through her iPad. He doesn't think he'll ever get tired of looking at her, there was something so peaceful in the simplicity of her looks, and he mentally reprimanded himself for not recognizing his feelings sooner.

"Hey," he managed to croak out, nudging Nadine's leg. Last night's concert had finally taken its toll on his voice.

Nadine took off her earphones. "Good morning!" How she could be so bubbly in the morning was beyond him. "Nagreresearch ako ng mga pwede natin puntahan. Mamayang gabi pa naman yung presscon natin, sabi ni Ate Barbie. We can go around daw, just make sure we'll be back by 6."

"Where are we going?" he peered at her laptop.

"Daming pwede e. May museum, State Capitol, may park... san mo gusto?"

He lightly pushed Nadine and pinned her to the bed. "I'd rather just stay here." he tickled her side and Nadine squealed. "With you." he nuzzled her neck and Nadine giggled. "Momol nalang tayo," he whispered in her ear, his lopsided smile ever so present.

"Grabe toh! Puro momol nasa isip mo!" she giggled while James continued to tickle her. "James... James! James!" They went on like that for 5 minutes, before Nadine escaped his roving hands and stood up by the bed, her hands on her hips.

"Let's go na. Sayang naman kung di tayo maglibot, nandito na tayo e," she pleaded.

James got up, too. "Well, since you asked so nicely," he teased, and reached out for one last tickle before starting for the bathroom.

Nadine called out to him. "James..."

He turned back. "Yeah?"

"About last night..." she looked down at her hands. "Sorry, nadala lang ako ng emotions ko and I was on such a high from the concert.... I didn't mean to lead you on. We're still friends right?"

Is she kidding me? Friends? James almost snorted, he felt like one of their fans who were always scoffing at them back when they insisted that they were "just friends."

He took a deep breath and took Nadine's face in his hands. "I don't think I can ever be just friends with you again, Nadine. Not anymore. You can keep fooling yourself and denying this, but I can't. So if you insist on acting all scared about taking this further, I'll let you. But I know you, and I know you'll give in sooner or later. I do hope it's sooner though, rather than later." He gave her a quick peck on the lips and left her staring after him while he went to the bathroom.

A/N: Medyo may kayabangan din tong si baby boy noh, but then I really can't blame him, he IS James Reid after all. What girl in her right mind would leave him hanging? Only Nadine can. 

Thank you for reading!