Chapter Twenty-Four

***HEY! I'm baaack! Okay, sooo...if you guys want to see what Scott looks like, there's  picture in the side. It's Logan Lerman! Ah, cutieee! Haha:)

Not much more to say... I'll put up the chapter now :)***

Chapter Twenty-Four

(Jordin’s POV)

I search my face, trying to detect some sign of change. I can’t find a single thing that’s different from eleventh grade. I still have the same red hair and the same brown eyes. My height hasn’t differed either. The only thing that’s new is the paling scar along my neck from the deep gash I got from the car crash.

Although my appearance hasn’t changed in the least, everything else has. The rest of the school year passed in such a blur that I wasn’t even expecting it. It all happened in just the blink of an eye and now it’s time for graduation. High school is officially over and college comes in just a little while. I’ll even be flying off to New York in a matter of days. I’ll be moving away from my family, from my home. I’ll be living in New York City, in a dormitory at Julliard. I’m going to be the new girl again, except this time it will be in college.

Now, senior year is finished. I’ll be driving to the graduation ceremony with my parents. I feel almost numb, like it’s no big deal that I’m done with high school. I’ll be climbing the stairs to the stage and accepting that certificate from my principal in just a few hours. I won’t be giving the valedictorian speech or anything—since I didn’t make valedictorian—but I will be graduating with high honors. I don’t know how I did it, but I passed the final exams in the top five percent of my class.

“Honey, we have to go!” Mom calls up the stairs.

I scan my outfit one last time. I’m wearing a formal, strapless white dress that reaches the top of my knees in soft ruffles. There is a thin pattern of black flowers spiraling along the top and the hem of the dress, a black satin ribbon wrapped under my chest. My feet are stuffed into black gladiator sandals—since I’m terrible in heels—and my hair is tumbling over my shoulders in thick curls.

“Jordin!” Dad yells. 

I quickly grab my cornflower blue graduation gown and matching cap and fly down the stairs. I almost catch a foot on the top stair and fall, but I make it down safe and sound. When I get there, I see that Mom and Dad are both standing there, equipped with digital cameras.

I cautiously make my way into the living room, trying to delay the rain of flashes as long as I can. But as soon as I make it to the couch, my parents pounce. They start snapping pictures and recording videos, never pausing for a break. Mom occasionally stops and instructs me to smile wider or pose with one hand on my hip and then continues to take pictures.

A knock on the door cuts through their session. I quickly mutter a ‘thank goodness!’ under my breath and scurry to answer the door. I throw it open and find Ollie standing there clutching a bouquet of pink roses. She holds them out to me when I let her in.

“Aw, thanks, Ollie,” I chuckle, taking the flowers from her.

Ollie hugs me tightly and pats me on the back. “Good job,”

“Come on in, Olivia,” Dad ushers her into the living room.

Ollie complies and follows me back into the living room. She’s not actually graduating because she basically had to quit school so she could compete in ‘Star Dancer.’ And it’s even better that she won because now she can jump straight into her choreography job. So, she’s just coming to support me at the graduation ceremony. 

“We’ll be leaving in about ten minutes,” Mom informs us.

“Okay,” Ollie nods and lowers herself gracefully down on the couch.