Chapter Eighteen

***It's...NEW CHAPTER TIME! NEWWW CHAPTERRR TIIIME! Haha, sorry, I've been watching a bit too much "Jersey Shore." Speaking of, do any of you watch that crazy yet hilarious tv show? I watched two hours of reruns of it yesterday. "IT'S T-SHIIIRT TIIIME!" <---That's a quote from the show. Haha :)

Anyway, I'll get back on topic now. Ooh, this chapter has the whole confrontation between Jordin and Scott! And a new character is introduced. I have a quick favor to ask, though. Could you guys please help me with the cast? I need you guys to tell me who would be a good actress for Jordin's mom; she's a pretty important character actually. There's another important character introduced in this part, and one less important one. Please help me pick actors for the people.

VOTE COMMENT FAN

Please?

Pretty please with a cherry on top?***

[Re-Cap]

“Hi,” he whispers.

“Hi, Scott,” I answer.

“Look, I’m sorry,” he starts, but I cut him off.

I have to set him straight. I don’t want to, but I have to break if off with him. I mean, I really like Scott—but I can’t forgive him. And I can’t look him right in his eyes, because those green gems are like freaking magical. I dive in and then I drown, unable to resurface. One pleading look from Scott and then I won’t be able to say no.

But why would he even plead? He likes Chloe now, right? Well, if he loves her so much, why not go to her. I mean, I don’t expect him to love me back.

Wait. What? For him to love me back…I’d have to love him.

Well, I guess I do. I love Scott—but he doesn’t like me enough to stay with me. Obviously not, judging by the way he was sucking Chloe’s face off at the dance. So, there’s only one thing to do. I have to break up with Scott.

I look up at him and see that he’s sitting with his face in his hands. I take a deep breath, bracing myself for those three words—I’m leaving you.

And then I take the plunge.

[New Chapter]

Chapter Eighteen

(Scott’s POV)

I bury my face in my palms, waiting for Jordin to say something. I can’t stand to see her like this. It’s basically my fault she’s in this situation.

I’ve been beside her unconscious body for all of three weeks. I came in every day after school to visit and sat by her, squeezing her hand for hours at her time. I’ve skipped out on football practice more than I should. In fact, I got benched on the game—that’s how many times I ditched. Ah, it doesn’t matter anyway.

“Scott,” she whispers.

I whip my head from my hands and stare at her expectantly. She hesitates, chewing on her lip and a strand of tangled hair makes its way onto her face. As if out of habit, I tuck the piece behind her ear. Her big brown eyes follow my action the whole time, gawking at my hand like it’s some sort of poisonous snake. She even flinches when I trail my thumb over her cheekbone!

“Oh, I’m so sorry!” I exclaim.

“Shush,” Jordin mutters, putting a finger to my lips. I cross my eyes, looking at the way her fingertip is pressed to my mouth. That’s really…forward for a shy girl like Jordin. “Don’t say anything, Scott. You’ve said enough—now it’s my turn.”

I nod, sitting back on my heels.

“I’m leaving you,” she murmurs.

I shake my head. “You can’t do that, Flame.” I protest.