Chapter Ten

***HERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER! This one is pretty long, so. Well, it was like six pages on Microsoft Word, but the chapters are always somehow shorter on Wattpad and I have no idea why. Do you people know why they seem to shrink?

This chapter is really important, though. You all need to know that. In this one, you'll learn a lot of stuff about Jordin. After you've read it, make sure to comment and tell me what your reaction is! Because I'm sure this chapter will solve a couple of your mysteries! :)

VOTE COMMENT FAN***

Chapter Ten

(Jordin’s POV)

I stomp down the road, a sense of remorse floods through me. It’s just not my day is it? All the events of the past twenty-four hours filter through my brain. It all started with that little kiss.

In the last like sixteen hours, I’ve lost the two greatest people I’ve ever known.

Ollie now hates me just because Lauren likes my dancing. And then I went and screwed things up with Scott. Why? I don’t even know. He was only accepting something—he thought we were dating. And what would be so wrong with that? Nothing, really.

I just had to go and scream at him for such a tiny misunderstanding.

I keep walking for a good forty minutes, my hands jammed in the pockets of my sweatshirt. My book-filled backpack had gotten really heavy thirty-five minutes ago. My stomach growls restlessly and I stop in my tracks when I reach a fancy building with the words ‘The Grill’ engraved on a sign erecting from the top of the square place.

I shrug and feel in the pocket of my bag for the debit card my mother had given me. The sharp corner of the rectangle stabs my thumb and I yank it out. I hike the pink and blue thing higher on my shoulder and approach the doors.

I wander into the place and notice that there aren’t any waiters. There is a huge dance floor with flashing lights in the middle and a couple tables are set up around it. There are plush red couches positioned in the corner. I scan the area, looking for someone to help me. My eyes land on a guy standing behind the counter of a very polished desk. There are bottles of alcohol piled on the shelves behind him and round wineglasses hanging above the bar counter.

Then it dawns on me. ‘The Grill’ isn’t a restaurant, it’s some sort of bar and nightclub. I don’t know what do to at this point, so I take a seat at one of the tables. I cross my arms on the surface and bury my face in them. Silent tears pour out of my eyes as I think about Scott driving off to school by himself.

I don’t know why I’m so upset—but for some reason the image of Scott with his fingers clenched on the wheel and his brows furrowed in anger hits a nerve.

Then I think of Ollie. I think about that broken expression on her face when she learned that Lauren wanted to replace her spot on the team with me. I think about the words she flung at me in her disgruntled state.

“Oh? And how do I know that’s not an act? Like your whole ‘nice, shy girl’ thing. Please, I know that’s just a cover for you. I bet you’re not even really like that. I mean, look at you now—you’re bursting with aggression. So where does this girl go when it counts?”

That rant replays in my mind a couple times before it finally sinks in. I understand what she was trying to say, and…it seems true.

I was always a frontrunner at my old school in Ohio. In fact, I owned the place there. I was always the popular girl, the great dancer, the fashion diva…the heart breaker. That is, until I got my own heart shattered into a million tiny pieces. That’s what pulled me out of my ‘Cloud Nine’ state. I had always been living in my own world, surrounded by adoring fans and drooling boys.