✰Chapter 28...Expect the Unexpected✰

Chapter 28: Expect the Unexpected

Sunggyu POV

She’s Bipolar? 

I stood their frozen staring deep into Hyemin’s eyes. I took a step back and then looked at the orange bottle held in her hands. She was holding them so tight that her knuckles appeared white as bone. Everything makes all sense now, Hyemin wasn't doing any sort of drugs. She actually needed those pills for her medication.

The moment Hyemin met my eyes, it carried grief and loneliness.  I could see she was trying her best to fight back the tears, but few managed to escape.

Shit, she’s scared – Scared that I might leave her like those other people in her life.

“I knew it,” she yells tears rolling down her face. “I thought you were different, that you wouldn’t be like those stupid people that left me just because of my disorder. Oh god, why did I even think you were different from them. Gosh, your all the same, so judgmental, heartless and –”  

I didn’t say anything but gripped her wrist gently embracing her to my chest. She screamed pushing and punching me, but I didn’t let her go. I waited calmly until she finished yelling. Minutes later, she gave up and started sobbing again, wrapping her arms around me. 

“Hyemin?” I whispered rubbing her back. She looked up, tears still rolling down “Promise me you’ll take the medication if I’m here or not okay?”  I said wiping her tears with my thumb. She didn’t reply but started crying again.

“Hey look at me shhh. Please don’t cry Hyemin-ah. It hurts me”

She shook her head and her eyes burned into mine “You’re no different to them Oppa, it’s just a matter of time once you leave me. I know it. I mean, that’s what they all did e-except for one p-person” she cried burying her face to her hands.

Except for one person? “I never left you side Hyemin-ah ever, and you know that right?”

I didn’t do anything wrong, I’m sure of it. Hyemin was my world. She was the one and only who created this new life for me and without her, I seriously don’t know where I’d be right now. But to hear that she’s Bipolar and didn’t take her medication ever since we’ve met hurt me. What if her feelings towards me were fake’ I thought ‘and once she takes her medication, would her feelings change?’

She gasped trying to shake off her memory. “Yes, yes I know but it’s not you...” she took few steps back looking stressed and running her hands through her long hair.

‘It’s not me?’  Those few words echoed painfully inside me “What do you mean by that? Then Who is it?”

-----------------------------------------------

Hyemin POV

I stiffened and bit my bottom lip. I didn’t know if I should tell him or not. Would he even care about me? After all, I did tell him L and I had a moment together and he did say he was leaving me, so what difference would it make anyway.

“Myungsoo” I shrugged.  His jaw clamped tight and his hands curled back into a fist, but he tried to calm down.

Yes, my emotions were going wild when I was with Myungsoo, I wasn’t thinking straight when we kissed. Ugh, what’s wrong with me? I’m so confusing! One minute I’m having some inappropriate feelings for my best friend and the next I’m dying to see my loving boyfriend.