Chapter 8

SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT UGHHHH SO MUCH GOING ON! ENJOY

I walked into the arena the next day with my drumsticks in hand and Josh following me. The boys weren't up yet, rehearsal wasn't untl noon, and it was only 10 o'clock, but I wanted to be as prepared as possible. Josh and I came down to the venue because we wanted to look at it and it was a Thursday, better known as drums day.

"This place is huge!" I said, looking all around me. It was unbelievable.

"Seats almost 20,000. Largest venue in America." Josh said softly, taking in everything around him, too.

"And it's sold out?"

"Yupp," he popped the p at the end.

"Amazing."

"Do you want to go up on stage?"

"Sure."

We walked around to the back of the stage and looked around a bit. Josh showed me where everything would be. Mics (which I wouldn't be needing), the sound booth, the dressing room, hair, make up, the whole nine yards. It was incredible. I had been back stage with him a few times when they had concerts in town, but the arenas were much smaller than this. Everything about this place amazed me. It was all so...amazing.

"They'll go through all of the cues and stuff with you today at rehearsal, but for the most part you just sit and play the set. The boys might tell you to do a drum roll or something like that. And toss on a 'ba-dum tss' after a joke or something to get a reaction from the crowd." Josh said, sitting in one if the seats in the front row. I nodded and listened closely. 

We walked back to the hotel a few minutes later to meet up with the boys and get a quick breakfast. I decided to take a quick shower just to freshen up from this past week, and I felt kind of gross. I put  on a pair of jeans, my converse, Harry's Ramones t-shirt that he left in the room, and grabbed my phone and went to the elevator. I used the doors as a mirror and put my hair into a wet, messy bun - laughing at myself a little bit because I never usually care about how I look, but something made me care today. Maybe I was just nervous and wanted to make a good impression. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

"Hurry up, Lauren! We're gonna be late!" Zayn joked when I got off the elevator.

"It takes time to be this beautiful," I said. "You of all people should understand that."

The boys laughed and got in the van and Zayn pouted. I still didn't know what Zayn and I were, but I didn't really mind right now. I didn't want any drama. Just me and my boys. That was the way I liked it. 

-----

"5, 6, 7, 8..." the choreographer yelled. The boys were practicing their slight choreography and I was sitting behind the drumset running through the set in my head. "Okay, okay. Everybody take five. You boys are wearing me out," she said, pulling her hair up. The boys laughed and pulled out their cell phones. 

Harry waled over to me, "Hey Lo, will you take a picture for instagram for me?"

"Of course, Harold."

We hopped off stage and he walked to the middle of the floor seats, "Okay. You sit in this chair here and I'll go a few rows up. When I say so, snap the picture."

"Yes, sir."

Harry walked a few rows, turned around, and spread his arms as wide as he could, "Now!" I took the picture, "I got it," I said, laughing as he came running over to look at it.

"Oh that's lovely, Lauren. Thank you. I think it's going to be my new twitter icon."

"Happy to be of service."

We finished the rest of the rehearsal and Josh gave us a standing ovation after the last number. All of the guys high fived each other and I started walking over to Josh, but Tony step in front of me.

"Lauren, that was amazing. The solos you added into What Makes You Beautiful and Tell Me A Lie are going to make the audience go crazy and the boys loved it! Keep up the great work!"

"Thank you so much!" I said, shaking the hand that he had extended to me. After he nodded and walked away I turned back to Josh who was now surrounded by the boys. They looked like they were deep in conversation, so I walked up slowly.

"She was amazing!" Liam said. "I mean, I knew she could play, but those solos were incredible!"

"Yeah no offense Josh," Niall started. "But she's almost better than you."

"Well, he's to thank for that," I said, cutting them off and giving my big brother a hug. "He really did teach me everything he knows. It's just a shame he doesn't know more." I joked, making everyone laugh.

"You would be nothing with out me!" Josh said dramatically.

We all walked out (well Josh was wheeled out because he couldn't really walk) of the venue and got into the van. I helped Josh in, folded up his wheelchair, and set it on my lap. 

"Who wants food?" Niall yelled.

"I think I just need to go back to the room, Lads," Josh said shyly. "My leg needs to be propped up and I need some more pain killers."

"That sucks. You're still coming with us though, right Lauren?" They all turned to me.

"No. I'll stay and help Josh. You guys bring us back something, yeah?"

"No, you go." Josh said. "You deserve to celebrate a bit. You were awesome today."

"Well I'm not going to leave you alone in a hotel room and I'm sure as hell not leaving any of these guys with you. You whine."

"Do not!" he said defensively when all the boys started laughing.

"Yes you do. 'Lo, will you get me some water?' 'Lo, I'm cold.'" I mocked.

He stuck his tongue out at me as the other lads laughed. "I'm a big boy," Josh said. "Go have fun."

"Are you sure?"

"I swear to God, Lauren. If you do not go out to lunch with these boys I will hit you in the head with my wheelchair."

"Okay, okay!" I laughed. The van stopped outside of the hotel. Paul got out of the passeger seat and helped Josh into his wheelchair.

"Have fun!" Josh said as he waved to all of us.

"Call me if you need anything," I said.

"You know I will," he winked and Paul rolled him away.

"So where to?" I asked and I turned to the boys.

"Wherever you want to go, princess." Niall said.

I rolled my eyes and turned to the driver, "Is there a Nando's here in New York?"

"No, I'm sorry. But would you like to go to China Town?"

"That sounds good, doesn't it guys?" They all nodded. "To China Town please."