What annoys me on Wattpad: List 3

28) Whiny and dependent lead female characters. Please don’t go all Bella on us and have a needy character. I’m pretty sure with one little flaw we don’t need to turn to men to have our problem solved. I know I am going all feminist, man hater on you guys but I’m just stating a fact. Also, don’t whine you aren’t a baby. In most cases it’s a grown woman or a person about 16 to 18. But please grow up.

29) Don’t have a character who is a hypocrite. If a character explains that they hate labels but yet they label the head cheerleader a “prep”. You just labeled the person! Or if they say how they hate girls who are one way but then next thing you know they are best friends with a person who’s personality is a personality that they would hate. Jut practice what you preach and keep away for the fakeness.

30) When the P.O.V is often changed in the middle of a story. Have it in first, second or third person but please don’t change the perspective often. It confuses and annoys me. The only time I actually liked it was when it was done in Breaking Dawn.

31) Cyber bulling. Wattpad is meant to be a safe place where writers can write and readers can read. I was appalled when I found out that one of my favorite authors was cyber bullied off the darn site! But I am proud that she came back and that Wattpad was very supportive about helping to make sure that never happens again so kudos wattpad.

32) Titles that tell the whole story. Can’t we have titles that are vague? Titles like “Falling for the boy who has hit me and will try again. Hopefully the hot next door neighbor can help me “ Like what is that? I basically know the beginning, end and epilogue to the darn story.

33) Falling for the brother’s best friend or vice versa. Ok we had enough of this situation. If I fell for my brother’s best friends it would be pretty awkward for all of us, mostly because my brothers are younger so their best friend will be younger than me. The fact that there is a song titled “my best friend’s brother” show that this fad has been going on for too long. Truthfully, I wouldn’t mind if the story was the love with their cousin’s best friend. Change it up a little other family members have best friends.

34) The wronged one is forgiven too quickly. The cheater is forgiven way too quickly to my liking. If someone cheated on me they’re not going to be forgiven any time soon because I am a bit of a grudge holder. In the story the hurt one would cry for a few days and forgive him when they say the three magical words ‘I Love You’. Those words don’t even have to be meant for the person to be forgiven while they ride into the sunset. (During this whole chapter my iTunes magically selected all songs about being cheated on i.e. Cheatercheaterbestfriendeater and Let me love you)

35) Being afraid to love because they have been hurt in the past. Sweetie, there will be jerk faces in your life who will hurt you. Sometimes you have to give yourself some space to move on. Just remember “Don’t think about the past don’t worry about the future and just live in the moment.” (Alicia keys lyrics to Through it All) And yes I just turned this part of the rant into valuable advice for the future.

36) Make up some bands and or singers. I admit I am guilty of this. Gasp! Little miss ‘I am always right and you are wrong for thinking I am wrong which makes you double wrong’ is admitting that she made this annoying mistake? Sigh, shut up inner me. Anyway I once have mentioned My Chemical Romance in one of my stories. This is just like mentioning and IPhone or Facebook into a story because it won’t make sense ten years later. In the movie Jennifer’s Body they made up a band that was similar to bands that are around today. So maybe we should be like that creepy movie and take all the bands we like mix them all into one and make a super band for our stories.

37) All hot guys names are similar. Luke, Spencer, Tyler and Mark are a few of them. C’mon guys let’s get a little more original. Can’t we have the Xander, Xavier maybe Felix if you still want to stay in the normal range? Switch it up a bit.

Sorry that’s all I have for this week. I am soooo stressed out because school is coming and I am nowhere near done what I have to do and I am like doing all my writing half way because I am running low on time. I wanted to post this today at 2AM because I gave myself an hour break to write this so there is not much here. I might not update next week at all, if I do it’s because I have found time. Once again I am sorry.