Chapter Seven- Star's Truth:

I hung on so tight that I thought I was chocking the Night Fury. I looked at Trilia riding her dragon for some pointers, but she had a saddle, I noticed, and was also riding calmly. So I tried that. It worked. Until the dragon did a slight rise that I was unable to predict. Dragon riding for me, not cool.

Trilia came up to me and the Night Fury. “Go, Star!” she cheered the dragon.

What really made me confused was that the dragon answered her! It roared softly and banked to the right.

“Why do you call her that?” I yelled at my friend over the wind. “Seriously! She’s wild!”

“You called her that when she was about to attack me.” Trilia shot back.

Ouch. She got me. “I did that out of reaction!” I tried.

“Well, she likes being called that, so that’s her name.”

I grumbled and allowed the Night Fury, now being called Star, dive and twirl. Every time she did that, I thought I was going to fly off. Every twirl made me hang on for dear life and nearly make me hurl.

After a while, I think Star got the point and calmly rose above the clouds. I seemed to have lost Trilia, but it was dark out and this was a Night Fury I was riding. Still, I didn’t trust this thing.

As I sat there, I looked up at the stars that were there. A million, just twinkling blankly at me and the dragon. My parents’ death came up through memories because I was looking at the stars when the night happened as well.

I was on the ledge that I was always at. It was the one place I seemed to enjoy the most now a days. A shadow flew over me and I got up, going in the woods to hopefully hide from it, just in case I was seen.

Breathing out, I heard air rush past something and a huge explosion. Looking in the direction, I saw the familiar light of fire in the direction of my house. Of course, it was the only house around, so I knew it was mine.

Running, I went between trees and jumped over fallen logs. Finally, I had reached my house, the fire licking the sky. I knew my parents were in there because I could hear them screaming in pain.

“No…” I cried, holding my hands to my ears. “No… No. No!”

A soft growl made me look up, tears streaming down my cheeks. Dragon. I looked behind me, where the sound came from and a pair of green eyes stared straight into me. It hissed softly and came out of the woods, showing itself only briefly.

It was a Night Fury. Shooting into the sky, it gave my life mercy, but I do remember two white spots on its wings as well. I ran to the village as people heard the commotion and hurried up.

Ever since then, I haven’t liked Night Furies. Looking at Star, I sighed deeply. Her wings. Two white dots. Just like that night.

“You!” I finally put together! I jumped back along her spine and she roared out in stress. Spinning around, she headed to land, fearful I might fall off.

I would, actually, if we weren’t nearly a hundred feet above the water. Like I would want to hit the water that hard. And if I wasn’t about to go haywire on this dragon.

“Jessie!” I heard a familiar voice call out. Looking over, it was Hiccup. “What are you doing?”

Gasping for breath, I had my mouth open like a fish out of water. I shook my head. Sweat beaded my forehead. Shaking my head, I closed my mouth and looked at the land coming up.

Star landed and I jumped off, adrenaline pouring through my veins. It made me shaky. When Hiccup and Toothless landed, I faced the Night Fury.

“You.” I pointed at her. “It was you.”

“Who is she?” Hiccup asked, getting off his own dragon. “She is just a Night Fury.”

“Oh, no.” I shook my head, turning away. “She isn’t just a Night Fury who seems innocent beyond reason.” I turned to them again with tears already, again, threatening to cascade down. “She killed my parents.”

~~~~{****}~~~~~

Dun-dun-duuun! Okay, I’m sorry about not posting ANYTHING lately… I’ve been addicted to TMNT and helping a friend with her book series. Oi… But, I will try and post a few chapters this week. Oh! And catch up on some reading. I haven’t read hardly anybody’s books… o-o I’m that busy…

Okay, I’m not sure when the next update for this book will be, but I just watched HTTYD and I remembered this book… Be happy I remembered. :3