Chapter Three- How Could This Happen?:

I screamed in freight as I fell down, the wind whipping at my hair, and me just plummeting down in the cold salt water below. The only thing I didn’t expect was to find a single star in the sky as I fell. I closed my eyes  and hoped for the best when I landed hard on an object.

Still, the wind was whipping at my face and causing my hair to flutter around aimlessly, but I wasn’t falling. I was going sideways in the sky.

Looking at what ever caught me, my voice got lodged in my throat. It was the Night Fury from just a few second ago. Now I wished I had fallen in the ocean. But the dragon stayed calm and collected as it fell in circles, rising back up to the ledge. I noticed the black dragon had a white spot on either of its wings, almost like a star.

When the dragon landed, I hopped off and vomited behind a tree, wiping my mouth off after I was done. The Night Fury was still there, looking at me with its green eyes.

“What do you want?” I snapped at it. The dragon tilted its head and I shook mine. “Whatever.”

I started to leave when the dragon jumped out in my path again. “What?” I snapped. “You going to eat me? Then do it now!”

The green eyes stared into mine, I was starting to cry, and in front of a dragon. Something hit me while looking into those eyes. What was I doing? I flailed my arms aimlessly, trying to scared the Night Fury off.

“Go away! I don’t need a dragon!”

But the dragon stayed put, looking at me with its intelligent eyes.

“What’s wrong?” I snapped at it. “Go away. Don’t you understand?”

Of course it understood that, it nodded and sat down. Then it cooed at me, wiggling its wings a bit.

“I’m not flying with anything.”

It groaned and jumped into the air, leaving me at peace finally. I ran to my cottage and cried on the way there. I don’t know… Something about near death and having a run-in with one of my most hateful enemies that saved me, it was enough to make me cry.

Opening my door, I rubbed my eyes to clear the tears with the sleeve opposite of the vomit and closed the door.

“There you are!” someone made me jump.

Looking up, it was Hiccup and Toothless. Toothless was looking at me carefully, as if he knew about my encounter with the Night Fury. Hiccup was watching his dragon and also looked at me.

“What are you here for?” I asked, walking past him.

He got up from where he was sitting. “I made an appointment with the stables manager and, if you’d like, you’re going to pick a dragon. Then the house builder will add more room and a dragon entrance.”

I turned on him, jabbing him in the chest. “I told you, I don’t want a dragon living with me. Get that through your dragon-thick skull, Hiccup, and leave me at peace.”

I turned around again and walked upstairs this time, taking my shirt off and putting a new one on. Shaking my curly air out of my eyes, I put it up in a ponytail that was about to break from all of the strain.

Toothless growled as I heard footsteps coming up to me room. Hopefully, the dragon stopped his rider, or I’d beat him to a pulp if he tried to come up here. When I was done, I came back down and glared at him and the Night Fury.

“Get out.” I said, pointing to the door. “And if I have to tell you again, I’ll beat you, with your dragon to help you or not.”

“You sound like Astrid…” Hiccup said, shrugging and walking out the door. Toothless followed, but sneaked a peek at her. Their eyes met and he knew. He shook his head and left the house, flicking his tail tip to reveal the red tail tip wing with the white skull.

Like that was important to me right now. That only shows that Hiccup had done something to Toothless and allowed him to be his. I walked in the kitchen and started the fire. I didn’t really eat, just poked the fire with the metal fire prodder.

Claws sounded and my first thought was the Night Fury but when I opened the door, the four Terrors looked at me with innocent amber eyes. I allowed them in, but when they saw I didn’t cook anything, they climbed upstairs where I was heading next.

They were already on the bed, sleeping peacefully when I got in bed and covered up, waiting for morning to come.

~~~~{****}~~~~~

I decided to let her keep the Terrors for now…

This book might be fifteen chapters at least, I can already tell, plus an Epilogue. I’m getting either better or worse at writing… I was bad, then turned good, then better, then now I’m in the mode that says, “Am I going back to horrible?”

Should I stay with first-person or third-person?