18 Feb 2011

18 February 2011, Friday

For a change, I went to school today by Mom's bike instead of Dad's car, because it had actually stopped raining. Yeah, I was amazed. Unluckily, I didn't run into anyone that I wanted to encounter.

Part four of the anti-bullying campaign (AGAIN) today. Luckily, the 9th graders got to go to the auditorium in the basement and watch a video. The 7th and 8th graders had already watched it before, during last semester, I think.

Our class arrived relatively early, but we couldn't go in because there were still people missing. We ended up telling the teacher we were all there, even though we really weren't.

Class 910, very unusually, sat somewhere in front of us. Usually, they're much slower than us, but this time, because we got held up, I could see him to the left if I craned my neck. I tried to pay attention to the anti-bullying video (shot in America, some of it by junior high/high school students), of course, and I mostly succeeded. Darn it, the fact that he's not going to night study anymore is STILL bugging me. I guess I haven't lost any friends voluntarily (except for Debbie, but that wasn't my fault, not the way this is. We just, somehow, drifted apart. Martin helped, of course, but now Debbie's mostly on good terms with two other girls, all of the studying-ridiculously-hard type. Their grades are all very good. I know I could be as good as, if not better, than them if I apply myself, but I'm not that hard-working. And I seem to lack the willpower) before, and I don't know how to cope. The least I'm doing is not going to pieces.

I have to say this again: all the anti-bullying campaigns by the school aren't going to help the victims of real bullying. When you can't correct the maliciousness of the bully, nothing is going to help. Everyone knows, of course, that bullying is wrong, but the people who are going to make other's lives a living hell aren't going to let the small fact that it is illegal stop them, and the ones who aren't going to bully anyone, well, just won't. Look at me. I have never been bullied in my life (only ignored, and not even deliberately, more's the pity), and I will never ever bully anyone if I can help it. I've known it all this time; I don't need the school to tell me.

The singular good thing about assembly on Fridays (which are only one period long, as opposed to the ones on Tuesday, which are twice the length. Thankfully, the 9th graders only have to go to assembly during Fridays, because the morning's when we have our morning test), is that they almost always eat into the first period. Of course, the more class time eaten up, the better. Most anything is better than sitting in the classroom hour after hour, day after day, week after week, until the blasted BCs are over and we can finally relax.

Then everything starts again the same way until we're taking our university entrance test.

Chinese was the first period. After that was Science, boring as per usual.

During the twenty-minute break, I was abducted by Leah to go with her to the main gate. She'd forgotten to bring her cell phone and her dad was going to bring it to school for her (So good! When I last begged Mom to take me something I'd forgotten, she'd told me crossly that it would be the last time. I haven't dared ask her again since, and I am currently trying very hard not to forget things).

Of course, I quizzed her on History, which was up next, during the long trek from our classroom to the main gate. It was drizzling slightly, but the basketball court was still full of people.

Leah saw her dad across the road at the carwash, so she asked the guard to let her out for three minutes to get something from her dad, who'd apparently forgotten. She managed it without incident, while I stood there watching her with much amusement.