Chapter Four

The darkness is setting in my world, why had this day changed me something was different even the flowers seemed to shine in a new light throughout the garden of Hagne. With every flower no matter the season awakening for a thousand year slumber, this is what altered me to what was to come due to that girl today was a threat to this realm... Of my realm!

"Delphaine" I bellowed, making everything in my wake shudder in fear. But was eventually welcomed by the forgotten darkness of the underworld and also a demi-god, Delphaine; he had been a child of darkness from a human arriving with a still beating heart in the Underworld. He had been a still born child with a widowed mother due to war, and so she pleaded for the life of her child and in return was granted it; but he was unable to leave the Underworld and was to abide by the same laws as I must. And in turn was awakened with a godly quality, of travelling through black smoke.

"Yes, my Lord" He spoke in the deep darkened voice his deceased father abandoned. Delphaine's shoulder length charcoal hair running wild with the black suit he wore; his eyes an endless cold black showing nothing but darkness.

"I want you to follow that girl from today, the living one... by the name of Rose. And report back to me in three days time, and only to me!" I spoke before he vanished into the darkened smoke and disappeared into the sky.

"Cereberus, what am I to do?" I asked my pet; he had been there since the very beginning,his short black fur soft beneath my fingers as I scratched his rough head. Barking softy in response as we began to walk through the garden to visit my beloved; her beauty keeping this garden alive as her body rested peacefully in the midst of the garden. The lilies resting against the flowing water while the cherry blossoms looked over the garden in their pink glory.While the grass grazed my knees lightly as a non-existent wind blew threw out, as the violets grew along the bridges arms. Only to lead towards the tomb of the resting, and dearly depart, and immortally resting but the main flower of the tomb was my forever beloved, Persephone!

Her radiant beauty still shining through her feature, as she all but lay still and unmoving for the past seventy-eight centuries. She looked so peaceful as I finally reached her resting body resting peacefully again a white ivory bench surrounded by the beauty of the garden and overlooking the clearest crystal lake…

“If earth shall never be graced by your beauty, I shall be one happy man” I said as she danced through the ever growing flowers. Her dress falling softly around her as she spun with the cherry blossoms falling with grace through the soft wind a few petals finding their way through her long chestnut hair, making them glow with life.

“You know I could never do that, the world needs it beauty. It just happens that I’m that beauty” she speaks her voice flowing with the air back to me. Just as slowly raised from my watching seat, I snuck up behind her… wrapping her in my arms her slight squeal rushing over the garden making the wind strengthen slightly before calming back down.  “Hades… why must you always do that?”

“Because I know how much you love it and I adore the way you always want to escape when…” suddenly my hands slid to her waist, but before I could begin my fun she spun around pushing me to the ground in shock as she stood towering over me. While I looked up at her dumbfound of how quick my fun had changed to hers, as she vanished from sight into the garden before letting the wind carry her words back to me “Come and find me my love”

But where had that life gone she was taken so soon from me to rest as the centre of a garden that survived and kept her body alive. That’s when I heard her a voice of beauty and sudden shock…

“That was Hades!”