Chapter Six

It has been days since news of Rose has reached me, until only moments ago as the words escaped her lips; she was coming for Joey Fisher. A fury erupting within as the threat became more aware with every passing minute. Nevertheless, as licks of black smoke escaped the roof I knew Delphaine had returned.

“My Lord…” a deep voice announced as a body emerged his blackened hair appearing wild against his hardened features.  Promptly lowering into a stiff bow as he began to speak again adding, “The girl I couldn’t locate her… Every time I crept nearer to her … Something blocked me!” he muttered the last part lowering his voice as he spoke, as I almost missed it.

“WHAT?”I bellowed, the walls shaking with every syllable, “A HOUSE BLOCKED YOU! A FUCKIN HOUSE BLOCKED YOU! DO YOU KNOW HOW RIDICULOUS THAT SOUNDS? A FUCKIN HOUSE BLOCKED YOU… YOU, ARE A FRIGEN DEMI GOD OF THE FUCKIN UNDERWORLD!” anger seeping through  every word as I searched his face for anything that could explain this absurdity, yet nothing did.

“THIS IS ABSURD… A House… A Frigen House Blocked you…”I rambled as I turned away from his shrinking figure into the locked and welcoming arms of the library. Books flying in all directions as the hours passed by as my fury grew with every unreliable source of information.

“It’s as if she doesn’t exist, which is impossible! Every human living or dead needs to be noted, yet where is she” Throwing another book across the room as I turned searching for the one book that should hold the answers I needed. The book of Forgotten Souls, this was my last chance.

“R… yes, Rachel Bloomsdale, Rebecca Skinner, Rosemary Scallen… NOOOO!” I bellowed again the walls shaking around me as I threw the book across the room hearing a loud ‘THUD’ as it bounced off the door landing on the floor below.

“WHY IS SHE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND?” My fury unable to be controlled as the flames lighting the room rose sharpening to a daggered point. “She is mortal and I am stuck here… I need her dead!” starting to pace, as I tried to lower my temper.

“I need to find her, but Zeus cannot find out… She is my threat and in so my problem” thought bouncing around in my head as I tried to discover a solution to escaping to the world above without trouble from the gods. Then it hit me…

“DELPHAINE” I bellowed before an answer of black smoke poured into the room.

“Yes, My Lord” looking me over before glancing over the room at the destruction that had occurred. His features appearing expected as to what I was about to ask.

“I need you to go back to the surface; I need you to not let the girl out of your sight!” I ordered hatred seeming into my every word.

“And what about you, My Lord?” he asked shyly looking down at his feet.

“I will relieve you as soon as I call a meeting of the Gods… requesting the ability to travel above!” I announced leaving out my sinister plan for her death as he quickly stepped into the darkened smoke disappearing into nothingness.

“Now to call that meeting” I spoke to myself.