Merry Christmas

A/N

hey guys....well merry Christmas or more like merry Christmas eve but whatever close enough. well i see that everyone is enjoying this story so i decided to make a Christmas chapter as a gift to all you and wattpad...i guess you could say. anyways so yeas here you go and dont forget to vote and comment. and if you like let me know who you want me to do next in the comments or on my profile...thank you and enjoy

the guild was busy putting up lights and decorations for Christmas. you saw Gajeel and Levy putting up the lights on the tree that sat by the entrance of the Guild. all this made you smile and feel warm considering the snow that fell out side and sometime came in when someone opened the doors

a shiver ran through you as a gust of cold wind swept through that guild. after a brief moment you felt something soft and warm wrapping around your neck. noticing it was a scarf you looked up to meet Gray's icy blue gaze and a smile.

"there...that should keep you warm until Natsu gets back so he can heat up the guild" he said pulling you into a hug.

But the moment your skin came in contact with his you recoiled.

"you okay he asked" concern filling  his eyes..

"y-yeah" you said as the cold still seamed to seep in.

Looking at you Gray smiled and pulled you into a kiss. You felt warmth spread through you but that could just be your imagination. Moments went by before he pulled away.

"better?"

you nodded and a familiar voice called not to far from where the two of you stood

"hey (y/n)" you heard levy call

turning your head you saw that she was on Gajeel's shoulders trying to put the guild sign at the top of the tree but they didn't have the height yet.

" do you think you could lend us a hand" she asked as she gave a small laugh.

Gajeel swayed a bit and Levy help regain the balance. you got up and with your ice maker magic made made a ladder up to the top.Levy handed  you the topper and you placed it gently on the top, but before getting down you made sure it was stable.

on your way down you stepped wrong. expecting to hit the wooden floor you felt, arms wrap around you breaking your fall. you knew who it was but still met his gaze

"you need to b careful...i dont want you getting hurt the day before Christmas and miss out on all the fun stuff we do" Grays voice called

you gave him a small smile as you slide out of his grasp and found your balance. 

"where is that idiot...the guild needs the warmth"

you  give a small laugh    

"what" he said directing his gaze from the the guild entrance to you

"nothing, its just that Natsu is out with Lucy when the Guild needs him the most"

"yeah, i guess your right with that one, well you better stay warm" he said as he began walking away once more

"hey where you going" you asked before he got out of ear shot

Gray turned around to face you but continued walking

"i gotta few things i need to do in town, but ill be back soon"

that was the last thing he said to you that evening. soon Lucy and Natsu came back smiling and laughing with Happy trailing behind them.

you watched as they made their way towards you. 

"hey (y/n)" lucy said with a small wave and a smile

you waved at her in return as she grabbed the chair next to yours and sat down in it. and like normal Natsu either stands or just sits n the table's edge.

"so what happened while we were gone" 

"just some more decorating while the whole guild is freezing" you said teasingly

Natsu rubbed the back of his neck and gave you a sorry look, but he still got up and went to help make the guild all toasty and warm. turning back to lucy.

"so what did you guys do"

"we just went to the Winter Festival that magnolia puts on every year"

thinking to your self  you couldn't help but feel sadness as you thought of the Winter Festival but Gray never asked or even brought it up once.  but you continued to stay your cheerful self.

~time skip~

you and lucy were on your way home. the snow covered the sidewalk and covered the tops of your heads, but  after some time you finally made it back to your apartment. flopping down on your bed in exhaustion you saw lucy sat at her desk.

"what you doing now" you asked propping yourself against your elbows

"just finishing the chapter of my book"

you just looked at her before sighing and getting under the covers. the only thing that went through your mind as you laid there was gray and the events of tomorrow.

the morning sun gave warmth to you as it streamed through the window above you bed. you sat up only to feel a pain spreading through your head. holding your head you felt your nose begin to run and soon it dawned on you that you had caught a cold.

tears began swelling at the corners f your eyes as you thought about missing the event the guild put on every year. it wasn't a matter of time before your face was wet from tears, your head was buried in your knees as you felt a hand rest on your shoulder looking up you saw gray. a scarf wrapped  around him and a concerned face .

"whats wrong?" he asked setting on the bed wrapping you in his warm hold.

you answered in a stuffy voice and through the tears "i-im sick" 

he looked at you before looking down at the pocket of his jacket, and with a sigh he pulled a small red box out of it and placed it gently on you lap

"i was saving this for the guild party but i think you should have it now" 

you looked at him before looking at the small box. wiping the tears from your eyes you picked it up and opened it. and you couldn't believe what was inside. a small ring with a blue jewel in the middle. you look up at him only to be met by a pair of soft lips.

when he pulled away he held your face gently and smiled "i loved you for as long as i could remember and i want to be with you for ever" 

he paused but you had a feel of what he was going to say next. his voice went to a more gentle tone before continuing

"(y-y/n) will you merry me" 

you froze, but you soon realized you hadn't said anything. looking back at him you nodded and you saw him smile. his hands fell to the ring and he picked it up gently to slide it on your finger.

"perfect fit" he said looking back down at you 

you gave him a quick kiss and soon the two of you fell asleep with you wrapped in his arms and as happy as you thought you would never end up. 

I love you too. you thought before you drifted off to sleep.