Chapter 19

**Devin's POV**

"Dev?" I woke up slowly to Matt's warm breath on my neck and gentle whisper in my ear. "Devin, wake up." He sang. "Anybody in there?" He pried one of my eye lids open and stared down at me in amusement. 

I hissed and pushed him away. "Dammit, Matt! What do you want from me?" I groaned, holding my eye.

"I want you to wake up!" He whined childishly. "And..." He whispered seductively, crawling closer to me on the bed. "I want you to kiss me." 

I giggled gaily as he brought his lips down on mine. He tried to deepen the kiss, but I pushed him away. He pouted and I laughed, getting out of bed. "Ya know, it didn't take you long to get used to... well, us." I gestured. 

"Is that a bad thing?" He questioned, walking to his dresser and pulling on a fresh pair of pants.

"Definitely, not. But, really? Is it that easy for you?" I wasn't complaining, but had to take longer than that to... be gay? I don't really know how to say it. He seemed so okay with showing affection wherever and whenever.

"Well, yeah, it's easy. I just wanna kiss you, so I do. Just like I would in any relationship. But, it feels a lot better hugging you than it does anybody else." He finished as he pulled me into his chest and rested his forehead against my neck. I sighed happily and leaned into him. "So, should we call Regan now, or what?" He inquired sheepishly.

"If she hasn't called by noon, you call her, okay?"

He nodded and pulled away from me. "Wanna go out for breakfast?" 

"Sure," I smiled up at him. He placed a small kiss on my cheek and I went to put some clothes on. Matt met me at the door on our way out. "Where to?"

He scrunched his face in thought adorably. "Surprise." He winked and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the apartment. 

The ride to the restaurant was filled with a comfortable silence. It was obvious to me where we were going, but I'd never tell Matt that. He seemed quite pleased with himself as we pulled into the lot of my favorite restaurant, so I didn't want to ruin his happiness.

When he stopped the car, he raced out and while I stared at him in confusion, he sped around the car and opened my door before I could. I blushed and chuckled, standing and kissing him softly on the lips. His face reddened as well before he smirked and pulled me into the diner. 

We sat down at a booth in the corner of the small establishment and ordered a bunch of pancakes. We used to come here every Sunday, before the boys came along. It felt good to do things we used to do. The triplets and work took up all of our time, and it was great to get just a few moments to have things like they had been. Except, somehow, these moments felt better now. 

Our food arrived and Matt immediately covered his pancakes with mountains of whipped cream. His expression was kind of humorous; like a kid with tons of candy. After a few bites, I found that I was more interested in watching him than I was with eating my own food.

He caught me staring and blinked innocently, "What?" 

If you've ever looked at someone and just had, like, a realization of 'Wow, I really freaking love you a lot,' then you know how I feel about Matt every time I think about him.But, in moments like this, I sometimes think my heart will explode. 

"I love you," I whispered dreamily, reaching out to wipe a bit of whipped cream from the corner of his mouth. He smiled shyly and looked back down at his near empty plate. I giggled softly, picking up my fork to finish my pancakes. 

"Hey." He said. I looked up to see he was now sitting very close to me. My eyes widened and my breath caught at the look in his eyes. Their normal gray had darkened into something much more intense. "I love you, too." He muttered gently, leaning down and touching his lips to mine tenderly.