Ch 1

"Chris!" Aoi called from across the classroom.

"I...I'm coming!" I yelled back.

My name's Christopher Evlin.

No, I'm not a guy. I'm female.

The crowd made way for me. Of course, since they don't want to touch a pitiful, overweight freak like me.

"Y-yes?" I stuttered. Aoi smirked as her brown curls bounced when she jabbed my forehead with her finger.

I winced.

"Hey, piggy. We're bored. Entertain us." I gulped. I've been doing this for the past 6 weeks.

Someone found out that I won national vocal competitions 3 years in a row, and so they threatened me to sing.

"If you don't do as we say, we'll beat your fat ass!"

I gulped.

"Wh-which song?"

They find me entertaining.

"Sunday Morning by Maroon 5." Aoi's grin enlargened.

"...Sunday morning, rain is falling." My eyes burned with tears. "Steal some covers, share some skin. Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable, you twist to fit the mold that I am in. But things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do; and I would gladly hit the roadㅡ"

"Cut it, radio. You have to sing less enthusiastically. Sing like the pig you are!" A male classmate yelled. Others murmured in agreement. I brought the key to minor.

Off tune.

What a horrid, dissonant sound.

"That's enough." Miss May raised her voice. She was a young and beautiful teacher, popular among the boys in our highschool.

I felt tears flowing from my eyes and streaming down my cheeks. My face was twisted into a frown, as I sniffled loudly and started to hic. Aoi stared at me in disgust.

"What an ugly sight!" She scowled.

Miss May stared at me with a pitiful look as the classmates laughed.

"Everyone return to their seats!"

There was a rustle as everyone shuffled to their desks and chairs.

"Chris, come with me." Her tone became softer. She scribbled something onto a post-it before heading out the door. I followed.

She closed the door behind her.

"Okay, Chris." She placed the folded piece of paper in my hands. Her hands were warm. "You are excused from school. You can go home, now. You don't have to return to school until you think you can attend again. Don't worry about the work, your educational level is much above average. Since you're a scholarship student, I'm sure the principal wouldn't mind."

"But... Miss May..."

"Go, go home and rest. I'll be home soon."

I dipped into a long bow.

"Th-Thank you, Miss May!"

She nodded as I shuffled to my locker and she started to return into the classroom. I grabbed my bag and my dirty outdoor shoes. I guess they came here early today... My shoes are already soaking wet...

My stubby little legs started to unintentionally stomp against the hard, tiled floor as I made my way to the infirmary.

"Mrs. Pine, I have a note from Miss May for you..."

Mrs. Pine looked at me with horror and disgust. She inched closer slowly, then she snatched the note from my hand; making sure not to get any closer than 4 feet. Her eyes hastily scanned the post-it for a brief second.

"Fine. You are excused. Leave."

I bet she didn't even read the note...

I made my way out of there.

Time to take the bus back to the apartment... Hmm... I wonder if the buses would come this early in the afternoon? Since I usually leave in the evening... Towards 4:00... And the buses depart at 4:30... And when I stay after for club activities... I usually ride home with Miss May... Since we live in the same apartment...

"...Chris?" I heard a familiar voice call from behind me.

"Hm? Jon?" Jonathon May is my childhood friend. I always rely on him, maybe a little too much. I always trust him with everything, and he's really kind to me.

"Ah, Chris. Let's ride the bus home together." He beamed a smile at me.

I returned the expression.

"...Yeah. I'll make you dinner?"

"Awesome! What we having tonight?"

"What would you like to eat?"

"Prawns, prawns! I love prawns! ~ ♥"

"Haha, okay, okay. Don't get too excited, people will start staring..."

Ah, Jon. I really don't think I would be able to continue living this horrid life without you...