The Marking

Charlie POV:

i woke to the sound of snoring. the loud intake of breath would have usually been annoying in any other case but in this case it matched my breathing perfectly and our breath molded to make what was to my ears a beautiful symphony.

she was wrapped around me like i was her life line and she was floating in an endless sea with only me for hope of escaping. her arms were wrapped around my waist tightly, squeezing the life out of me inch by inch, but i didn't care. if i were to die in my sleep i'd be honored if it was by her doing.

this girl was my life. my world. my universe.

i turned my head fractionally, trying my best not to wake her. when my eyes finally landed on her beautiful face i frowned slightly then reassured myself. her hair was in her face blocking my view of her beautiful face but i didn't care it was her hair. it was her hair that was tickling my face and i wouldn't be happy if any one elses hair were doing this, only hers.

i moved slowly to pull the hair out of her face, and had to stiffle a laugh when her hair was gone. her mouth was hanging open, her eyes lightly closed and her eyelashes barely brushed her rose red cheecks. her lips were still full and plump from our make out last night i was kind of disappointed when she refused to go farther and let me mark her but seeing her now i knew i would find the paitience to wait a while longer.

i felt tempted to lean down and kiss her and felt i could only hold back for a little while. i decided to give her those few minutes of rest. until her eyes fluttered open, and she smiled at me. the dam broke and my wolf got control.

i leaned forward and savagely attacked her lips with mine. i wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer, my other snaked to the back of her head and deepened the kiss.

she grunted in surprise and i watched as her eyes widened and her breathing stop altogether. then her eyes fluttered closed as she embrassed me. embrassed the kiss and the feeling it elicited from her. she groaned in pleasure and i replied in the same fashion.

our lips moved in sync. i loved this girl. but somthing in the back of my mind felt wrong i tiny nagging problem wedged in a crevise so my wolf couldn't reach it and despose of it.

i pulled out of the kiss and watched with sadness as she opened her eyes and her face fell.

"whats wrong?" she asked after a beat.

"i... i have to, ah" i thought for a second before an idea came to mind. my grandmother could help me with this. im sure she could. "i have to go see my grandmother, for council" i said quickly.

she looked down and appeared to be thinking. when she finally raised her eyes to look at me again there was determination in her eyes and i knew what she was going to say.

"no" i said cutting her off just as her mouth formed the the first word. "no" i whispered in her ear.

"im coming weather you like it or not" she repied stubbornly.

i let out a sigh. i didn't want to have to do this but i have to. she cant come and find out that somthing is holding me back from loving her. from any physically and hardly any mental communications. and the worst part is that it just sprang up, like a break in to my mind. i have to do this, and even as i said the words i regreted and silently apologized for them.

you see alpha's or any other wolf, may not be able to control their mate but as a royal... we have special authority. i myself have learned restraint but in this case, i have to.

" elizabeth finnigine, i order, by the power by royalty, that you will not leave this room until i return. upon my return this command will be broken and you shall be once more, and foreever more free, this command will be deamed powerless." i added the middle as insurance that i cant command her anymore, although the second i said it i felt i had made a mistake of sorts.